GH January 2021 Discussion

• Members

I am more for this version of events over Brenda finding Sonny.  It would be such a crappy thing for Brenda to do to keep him from his family, especially knowing who he was from the jump.  It would be very Liz/Jake/Drew/Jason to do that and very un-Brenda like.

I actually like your whole scenario with the farm type girl and a Jarly hook up, but I would dread a new Sonny love interest because at this point it's clear it's very difficult to find someone MB has chemistry with.  But I am willing to suffer through it if it's temporary, makes Sonny see him and Carly are awful together, ends JaSam for good, and eventually brings Brenda back to reunite with a changed Sonny.

But this is GH and this amnesia thing will last a few months and everything will go back to exactly the way it was before after this plays out.  Bummer, because I do think this idea has potential.  Also, hasn't this story happened before?  With the aforementioned Angel?  Didn't he meet her after he was shot or stabbed and she saved him and took him to a farm or cabin?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@carolineg Ita just a classic soap trope, which was down extremely well and had lasting ramifications on both DAYS (which lasted a long time), and later Y&R.  Victor has disappeared a couple of times over the years with this type of story.

I just want anything that allows Maurice to bring back some of the charm he used to have as Sonny.  Something completely different than what we have seen since Lily died or since he and Carly fell in love.  It really did wonders for Victor on Y&R (at the time), and gave Nikki the first real competition she had felt in a long time, because Hope also had his child.

• Members

For sure.  I think it would be great for Sonny to do something different.  For Jason/Carly to do something different.  I am sure MB can still be charming, maybe?  It would be nice for Carly to have some serious, non Brenda competition for Sonny for once.  But again, they would have to find an actress that worked.

I just googled it and Sonny got stabbed by Angel's dad and she found him and tended to him in her cabin in the woods.  Sadly this is the 2nd time I have looked up Angel's character this week lol.  

Nikolas and Mary and Connor leading to Emily's rape and someones? murder (Sage?).  Which eventually leads to Emily/Sonny and Courtney/Nik.  Gross...

• Members

Yes, Sonny already had a story like that with Angel. It dragged. They introduced the lake house set where Alexis lives now during that time. 

If I remember correctly, didn't Y&R do that story again with Victor when Jack/Brad took over Newman in 1999 but the female character didn't become his love interest. 

• Members

When prompted by synopsis I do remember the Angel story vaguely.  I remember them being in that house and Sonny hiding from Carly or something and Angel and Sonny getting closer.  So is this the same lake house Jax or Skye or Jax/Skye lived in circa 2002?   I remember the living room being similar.  If so how did Alexis get it?

• Members

I think Jax owned it?  Because I vaguely remember Brenda being there a lot.  Or maybe Brenda was just being a huge jerk hanging out at Skye's house?  Possibly...  I remember Brenda savagely offering Skye a drink in that living room and Skye calling her a home wrecking whore, but more amazingly articulated than that* I believe that's one of the scenes RC submitted for the Emmys, but both scenes she submitted heavily featured VM/Brenda so that probably was to her detriment.  Not because VM was a better actress (although I will stan her emmy win), but because it was just a lot of Brenda in the reel.  But they also brought her cottage back at that time.  They should bring back that cottage set.  It was cute.  Someone like Sasha should live there.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

It did with Angel. That was a disaster.

I do like the Brenda angle but like you said, she'd never keep him from his family. But they're idiots to not play her into it.

And like you said, everything will revert back to how it was in a few months. I'd love for this to be different. 

Meanwhile, I appreciate they finally are showing TJ having a POV in all of this. 

• Members

Eva appeared as a Brenda look a like but Vanessa actually cameoed.

I would play Brenda into this but like Sonny still loves Brenda amnesia/non-amnesia so I am not sure how it changes things.   He's not actively pursuing her, but they never fell out of love.  Or at least not to my knowledge.  If he only had memories up to 1992 or something then I see Brenda as a player in this.