GH October 2020 Discussion

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Many long-running tentpole characters never got such a protracted send-off. (Granted, you can’t plan for the death of a character when a real-life actor dies unexpectedly, but this has been one of the most drawn-out deaths I’ve seen in recent years.)

• Members

Monica could die next week and wouldn't get this kind of send-off.

However, the funeral itself fell flat to me. Max Gail was never really Mike to me. He seems like a lovely guy and you can tell the cast adored him but he just wasn't Mike. And having Ava and Brando speak? Granted, I'm not a huge Kristina fan but she had maybe one or two lines to greet Sonny while Josslyn got a solo?

Please register in order to view this content

What? lol.

• Members

lol exactly. The focus on this show remains blatantly off.

I feel like Dan and Chris could do a decent job. But between Frank's pets and poor direction, etc. .... not to mention the many couples without an ounce of chemistry ...

I liked Max Gail as Mike but I do prefer Ron Hale's version (I also think that's partly why I just didn't care as much, even though Gail did so good; the other part was it involved Sonny and I've haven't remotely given a [!@#$%^&*] about him since Labine). I think Gail did a great job and the cast clearly adored him. But for me Ron Hale was Mike. I wasn't as connected to this as I could have been or wanted to be.

And you nailed it. Monica could die tomorrow and wouldn't get this type of send-off. Frank and the team would have it be all about Carly and Sonny and how it affects them that Jason lost his mother. And then it would be about Josslyn and how she keeps suffering losses, and how she and Monica had this amazing off-screen relationship. Just because. LOL. Frank, you hiring?

Sidenote, I will say it was refreshing to see Monica out of the Quartermaine house and talking with Brook Lynn. Amanda Setton has a certain fire and charisma to her, but man Briana Lane has done a really good job in the role. If Setton ever got a better offer I wouldn't mind Lane in the role permanently.

lol right?

Like I said above, the focus on this show remains [!@#$%^&*]

I often feel like I'm watching two different shows. One day it feels like it resembles General Hospital. The next day it feels like the focus is entirely all wrong and all the wrong people are being featured and focused on. We also have way way way too many castmembers. I love a large canvas but only if you can better balance it. I shouldn't forget half the cast is in an episode until they suddenly pop back up for their 2 second scene ...

I also wish the show would stop teasing me with bringing Peter down. We all know Laura Wright's man and Frank's pet aren't going anywhere.

And you know a character like Anna is damaged when I'm rooting for Obrecht to take her down ...  

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I wonder lol will Frank finally stand up to Mo or just cower like he always does

Dustin's grown on me. I wouldn't mind him going psycho just as long as they find a way to keep him on the show.  I thought he was great on OLTL when Brody had PTSD. I just hope we don't get a scene of Sonny putting on his tough guy act towards Dustin in order to get him out of Lulu's life.