GH October 2020 Discussion

• Members

I know alcoholism is a serious problem, and soaps vacillate between playing it very real and sad, and camping it up.  Sometimes they do both with the same storyline (Erica’s pill addiction, although compared to what I saw of her brother’s addiction storyline hers was pretty shallow).

But every time they have dipped into this with Alexis I have found it neither dark enough or with enough weight to be a good issue storyline, nor is she any fun like Nikki on Y&R when falling off the wagon.  It’s just filler.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL it was. They were all sad their bromance was over. Michael was a petty bitch of course. We all know Michael should be banging dudes. None of his relationship with women have ever worked ... just saying

LOL right? 

And TBH, Alexis is far more entertaining as a drunk. I loved her defiance with Sam. Grahn did a good job. Of course now Julian's back in orbit right on cue. 

lol

Monaco has been checked out for years and years. It's bizarre watching her on Port Charles (I was Youtubing it a while back) and how she's now a zombie. She was never great but she was checked in. I wish they had made Sam Kevin's instead of Julian Jerome. It's still LOL that Monaco and deVry play father and daughter. And of course Sam runs to Alexis' enabler and most toxic relationship in Julian. So he can be the big hero? Meh. Julian should have been dead years ago.

Benard needed to retire years ago, IMHO.

Meanwhile, sidenote to @BetterForgotten I love your avatar picture of Bet and Hilda from Corrie. I've been immersing myself in Coronation Street (classic, mind you). It's sad to see how far the show has fallen. I need to get into the Coronation Street thread. There should be a thread for the classic years. I'd be curious to see where people believe it fell off.

Anyway, back to the mess that is GH.

I like Carly losing it over Nelle. I hope we get Nelle gaslighting her ass soon and driving her into the loony bin. Give me drama. I also hope some crazy Nina returns when Jax and Carly inevitably have sex with each other down the road and their 'secret' comes out. Can we then get Brenda back or just ship Sonny off to the mobster retirement home?

So many little things about the current soaps bother me but I'm just always a believer in the next generation 'carrying on the torch' if you will. You should have that Alan and Monica dynamic and Carly and AJ were perfect for it. Sigh.

That would be nice!

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They are. I think they might. They were on today and it was nice to see them. And Dev was manipulating Josslyn. Kudos to whoever decided to make Dev a schemer causing trouble between them all. It at least adds some small (very small) spark.

• Members

Well, Michael's first time with a man was not a very pleasant experience for him but you would think that Chase would've been the one to help Michael finally realize what he really wants lol

Dev was a devious little bastard today. I like it.  But getting back to another point that you made, I do sometimes wish Carly's daughter was more like Carly lol she should know that something is up with Dev and not be so easily manipulated by him.

I still would have no problem with Cam being with Joss or Trina or even Dev.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Why have Trina decide with one kiss that she has no feelings for Cam? Just stupid. And a Joss needs a personality, stat. 

The Cyrus character won’t end soon, but should, because it’s pathetic. This ALL POWERFUL AND DEADLY GIANT is personally making visits to Julian’s dive bar to buy it and threaten him??? I thought he was supposed to be a big shot, a real boss. This stuff is just ridiculous.