DAYS: Vet Quits! Recast with AMC/ATWT Star!

46 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

With Nick, you had the perfect chance to re-establish Marie. But nope. I can understand with a vet heavy cast why but at the same time ... sigh. So many missed opportunities.

I also always thought John Reilly could have made an interesting Bill Horton.

The Bad blood between next gen Horton scions Nick and Will. Would've been the perfect catalyst for a resurgence of Hortons. Having some Hortons on Nick's side. While others were on Will's side.  tumblr_mknabwsdTY1rkmofxo2_r1_400.gifv

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They could definitely move on to the next generation of Hortons. I see no reason why they can't bring back Nathan or Jeremy. They're two of only a few characters who still have the last name Horton.

8 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Yeah. Cady was playing "Rosanna" but it was basically a new character (much like Hunt Block's "Craig").

She's capable. Resembles Missy a bit. It's a solid recast if there has to be one. IMO. I'm curious to see her in the role. And let's not talk about Cady's time on Y&R. I'd very much like to erase that.

Plus, Cady won Emmys when they still meant something.

16 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Plus, Cady won Emmys when they still meant something.

Exactly.

She's good. I think Y&R and the constant "Dixie is dead. No she isn't. Wash/rinse/repeat" on AMC in it's last few years has made people forget that, lol.

I mean, yes, at the end of the day, despite her beliefs, Missy IS Jennifer. She makes the role her own and I care about Jennifer because of Missy's portrayal. But at the same time, Jennifer is recastable, IMO. And if Missy doesn't want to be there right now, it kind of is what it is.

I mean, Genie Francis has opted not to go back to GH yet because of COVID. 

Edited by KMan101
3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Has Genie spoken about this somewhere? I was wondering if she wasnt comfortable going back  yet

4 hours ago, KMan101 said:

55 minutes ago, John said:

Has Genie spoken about this somewhere? I was wondering if she wasnt comfortable going back  yet

Wally Kurth revealed it during this podcast, at around 50 minutes in. (Wally is awesome in this podcast, by the way)

Direct link 

https://anchor.fm/the-chatpodcast/episodes/S3E11-42-An-Interview-With-Wally-Kurth-ek09kd

Edited by janea4old
2 hours ago, John said:

I know you want the source, totally get that, but I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it to be true :) lol

@janea4old explained it

Edited by KMan101
5 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I mean, yes, at the end of the day, despite her beliefs, Missy IS Jennifer. She makes the role her own and I care about Jennifer because of Missy's portrayal. But at the same time, Jennifer is recastable, IMO. And if Missy doesn't want to be there right now, it kind of is what it is.

Well said. When someone has played a character since 1985 (with two long breaks in 1995-2000 and 2006-2010), that's what happens.

2 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

Well said. When someone has played a character since 1985 (with two long breaks in 1995-2000 and 2006-2010), that's what happens.

Yep. She's so well identified with the role. And Jennifer, at her core, works because of Missy. But I'm open to Cady. Like I said, it is what it is at this point. 

2 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I know you want the source, totally get that, but I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it to be true :) lol

@janea4old explained it

Oh I get that Genie doesnt want to chance COVID

I just wonder if She has a film date set up or if its open ended

Edited by John
On 9/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, victoria foxton said:

The Bad blood between next gen Horton scions Nick and Will. Would've been the perfect catalyst for a resurgence of Hortons. Having some Hortons on Nick's side. While others were on Will's side.  tumblr_mknabwsdTY1rkmofxo2_r1_400.gifv

Would have been nice.

If soaps were actually progressive we could have had a really layered Nick.  But nope.

Not to mention Nathan and Jeremy are forgotten.

Mike hasn't been on the canvas since 1999 as a main character. (I know he appeared in 2010 for Alice's memorial but it was a visit)

David was killed off.

Sigh.

We don't even have friendships.

Will, Chad, Abby, Sonny, etc. used to interact a lot. 

Why are Eli and Lani so isolated? It's ridiculous Lani's "best friend" is Kristen. Why can't it be Abby? Or Belle? Shawn and Eli could be hanging out ...

Hope/Melissa/Jennifer were always written as close in the 80s/90s.

Edited by KMan101