Y&R August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree with this. Even Bold barely pushed the envelope on classics probably for the same reason. After reading the spoilers, I need to go back to what I was doing before COVID: not watching.

I really can’t believe how bad the production value has fallen since even 2009. The sets looks so much like GH and the lighting has become atrocious. 

Edited by Soap-princess

• Members

You’re 100% correct. Before Covid ratings were tanking, now to hear CBS talked to them about the direction of the show and B&B returning with such huge ratings loses they need to do better than coming back with the same scripts with some damn social distancing. 

Both Bell soaps need to be in crisis mode and do something to get their ratings up. For Y&R that’s bringing back Victoria Rowell. Idk what B&B could do, but both need to do something. 

• Members

Supposedly, during the break, according to JG, Sony, CBS and the writers came together in informal calls to drill in about characters, the canvas and identity of the show.

I'm curious if we will see any changes with respect to diversity behind and in front of the screen. CBS claims to have made a commitment to having 40% Black and Indigenous People of Color in every writers room. 

But as far as stories, I don't care about any of them. The vague details pertaining to Devon, Amanda, Elena, and Nate tells me that Josh had not given it much thought at all. No true plans.  Plus, before the break, I saw Josh working to keep Amanda in Billy's orbit to include Lily. I'm expecting Lily and Amanda to start fighting over Billy in a month's time. The actresses are the only two (young) women on canvas that seem to be able to pull off a rivalry for their characters. And Josh seems to want Billy in Amanda's orbit. So...

I don't care about Kyle, that dark haired boy, Lola, or Summer. But seems all stakeholders (Y&R, Sony, and CBS) seen to agree that the show should be centered around them so...I don't see a reason to watch.