Y&R August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they see Amanda as a way to claim they've 'satisfied' Black viewers while keeping an inordinately popular Black actress neutralized on the canvas. Hilary's popularity upset the mix of a show that has done its level best to deemphasize a non-white cast vs. their chosen leads since Rowell exited. Amanda is a poor replacement, but they rehired Morgan so they can say 'see? what more do you want?' They know what people want. They have no intention of giving it because in terms of how they view Y&R and the kind of show it 'should' be, the Hilary character is dangerous.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I guess Amanda and Billy will be interesting. Lily was no match for Hilary, I don’t see that changing with Amanda. 

Summer and Kyle were awful,. Hoping Summer passed away during the break!
Then maybe Sharon could take advantage of Nicks grief, have revenge sex with him just to give old Red a taste of her medicine and promptly dump him.

• Members

This! Not sure why MTS opted for that terrible wig because her own hair is perfectly beautiful. She has been posting on social media and appeared in other interviews since March with her own hair. Maybe she just did not want it be on screen without the help of hairstylists? Or she did not feel comfortable with her color and cut at the time the show resumed taping? At any rate, the wig was distracting.

• Members

The wig on Melody Thomas Scott was horrific. The wig itself could be salvaged, but the way it was sat on her head, in brushed was crazy. Overall this was boring because they’re recapping a very low period for the show. I’m going to watch the full week to see how the show feels social distanced. I don’t expect much story wise though. 

Sharon’s cancer story just doesn’t work for me and this Adam story is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. I still don’t understand the purpose of it or where the drama comes from. 

• Members

Thank you. This shows how low energy Y&R back in April with these storylines. I know SC will deliver beyond our wildest expectations but overall it’s pretty clumsily thrown together much like Nikki’s MS story JG did back in 2013. 

Adam’s story is the same old dreck about Adam vs Victor and trying to put each other in jail. It’s already bad enough MAB & Sheffer’s  era suggested Cliff was a bad negligent father to Adam (shades of what Hogan did to Mike Horton on Days), but to retcon and twist up Cliff’s 1996 death even more so is not feasible at all. I’m waiting for an umpteenth forged diary to come out that Victor and Adam try to use against each other. Lame.