Y&R August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not back then. Back then we had MM Adam save the day for Victor & Nikki’s wedding shootout and had the Melanie Daniels story but other then that I don’t remember MM Adam doing too much. The triangle between Chelsea and Sharon was DOA and I don’t know who authorized Delia’s death(JFP strangely credited JG earlier this year in a podcast for the 4.0 but the truth was it was written by JP, TT, & SA LMAO) 

• Members

If the Adam character was truer to both his parents instead of just being a warmed-over Todd Manning type he’d be more viable. He’s had at least two excellent actors play him, and the age difference/vulnerability with the older Sharon Case and his older sibling-rivals is an interesting thing here. You very rarely see younger man/older woman pairings on soaps depicted with any conscious awareness. While Hartley also projected younger than Morrow and Heinle, Grossman is even more clearly younger than the others (which became a non-factor when they overaged him with hammy Muhney and his diabolical stories). But the classic eps CBS aired show us the background there: Adam's saintly mother, who Victor brought home to his children and who bore their younger sibling. So it creates an interesting dynamic with both Nick/Victoria and with Sharon, in that he is the troublemaker trying to posture as a big bad guy, yet he is younger, came from an idyllic life and an angelic mother that were cast off, and can potentially flip back and forth between aspects of himself. I think he should be around but it has to be totally re-conceived and kept him away from the kind of slash and burn horror writing they've given him most of the time since he was SORASed. You can play him as the maladjusted, vulnerable yet volatile naïf/schemer, he doesn’t need to be an arch-villain.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I hate it. But post classic episodes really make current episodes bad IMO. I wasn't enjoying the S/L's prior to the hiatus and I'm not enjoying them now. I can't believe it but I don't even care if I watch or not. This crap with Adam whining and running to Sharon is Uggh

Please register in order to view this content

. To me it also brings Sharon's character down...she's battling cancer her kids and Rey should be what's important to her not Adam and all his issues.

• Members

No one in their right mind could watch this and get remotely excited. It's low energy and says nothing.

Annnnd what is THIS? Is she okay? Is the hair department not allowed to wear masks? Why is a wig sitting 3 inches off her head?

Please register in order to view this content

And AH's hair is officially one giant dead end. She looks deranged.

Edited by Darn

• Members

“Low energy” perfectly describes the show right now and it really shows. 

I can’t fathom that one myself and still trying to figure out how Sharon became a therapist herself(I remember her helping out the little boy but still it is a bit much!!). Almost as if MAB is secretly assisting in ghostwriting the show or

something it is ridiculous.