Y&R August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

When I read about the shows returning and not having hair or makeup people I don’t understand.   I understand because of Covid but how many years have these girls sat in the hair and makeup chair?  Do they not do their hair and makeup other than for the show and after all of these years they didn’t learn anything or pay attention how to do it themselves?  

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

+1. The hotel story is extremely pointless but I too enjoyed the Lily/Traci conservation. Also the scenes with Amanda & Elena weren’t too bad either.

Mark Grossman delivered as Adam remembered but again it’s pointless story. I almost forgot Theo & Lola were even on this show still LOL.

• Members

While I admit that the classic thread definitely is popping, I have to kindly disagree. I found it interesting that ALL of last month's threads average threads were around 7 to 13 pages. Not some. ALL. 

Curiosity is definitely a nice moth and everyone went to the flame to see what they would do about social distancing.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...it will be interesting to see if any of it holds up this time next month. 

I bet DAYS will. But the rest...?

• Members

Definitely there’s the curiosity factor, which was somewhat short-lived, especially for GH and B&B. I was just thinking there was a lot more discussion about Nikki’s wig than anything story-related, whereas every time you looked there was a new interesting discovery in the Y&R archive being dissected. The content on the current shows (with the exception of maybe DAYS, which is still showing eps shot before the new protocols) is just not engaging. It’s an ongoing trend that certainly preceded COVID. But these shows feel even more lifeless and sterile with everyone standing or sitting miles apart in odd geometric patterns. There’s no intimacy.