Y&R August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Especially after watching all these reruns, it seems clear to me they should be playing a triangle with Phyllis/Christine/Nick. From Christine and Nick’s kiss years ago we know they have chemistry and no female other than Victoria Rowell comes close to what Michelle Stafford and Lauralee Bell have. I hate that Cricket is wasting away with her most boring pairing. 

As for Lily, I would put her with Daniel. Either Michael Grazaidei or a recast. 

• Members

Oh good lord I really hope not although a spoiler I read mentioned “ghost of Cane” so I have no idea what that means at all. Hopefully it’s just metaphorical. 

Honestly the show should have done a time jump and started out with a blank slate to start fresh instead of picking right back up. I wonder what the ratings for Y&R  will be though.

• Members

Agree. I like JT as a person,  but he still looks too old to play Billy. 

Is Josh willing to write for any couple developed pre LML except Nikki/Victor? He seems to want to reset the show back to 2012 and write for the same annoying pairings that started the past decade.  

• Members

I wonder what would happen if they tried bringing David Tom back again to play Billy. Yeah Amelia Heinle would chuck a fit, but maybe it is time for “Villy” to take a back seat. DT and CK could make an interesting combination...

• Members

If any soap could benefit from a COVID-19 time jump would be The Young And The Restless. 

Sharon could've went for her surgery off-screen in those months and been at the ranch recuperating since the virus is affecting people with illnesses more strongly. She could've gotten the all-clear from her oncologist but everyone else keeps telling her not to rush it and Sharon has had enough of being stuck in the house all these months. 

And the whole Hope killed Adam's best friend daddy could've vanished and they could've focused on something like Newman being affected by the virus. Adam, Victoria and Nick have to team up to save the company. Also Jabot could be having some trouble financially through their brick and mortar stores. However, their online sales have skyrocketed in addition to the company developing scented hand sanitizer and soaps. (Ashley's idea of course) 

I would've preferred Billy and Lily going to work for Hamilton-Winters with Mariah. Devon could be the head as well as Nate, Elena and Jill sitting on the board. Victor could be mentoring Devon business wise. And Amanda working as the company's lawyer. Unfortunately they refuse to write Devon in charge of anything that is not in his living room.

Please register in order to view this content

But Nope! We're getting leftover dull tales of March instead. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

JG did an interview 

when they shut down they had a month's worth of material written. Physical contact was taken out and scenes were adjusted so they could be blocked with social distancing. According to Josh the show will focus on emotions and it has lead to some intense scenes.
2. Apparently they've come back to work with a lot of new stories.
3. This one stood out to me. During the break, Sony, CBS and the writers came together in informal calls to drill in about characters, the canvas and identity of the show.

• Members

Lack of taste? Ethics?

If this show had ANY sense they would have come back after securing Victoria Rowell's return (and of course after this crisis was over). She is the ONLY performer who could possibly lift the ratings and they know it.

• Members

Especially given the last six months. Acting like nothing has changed and people want to watch Chelsea (who has NEVER had any real value to the show), Summer and the same olds nonstop is delusional.

Edited by Vee