Days: August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

I just don't know why Eve had to be damaged EVEN MORE than she's already been to make Ben the hero. The town already told her to get over it last go round and made her the villain for wanting revenge. Why did we need it a second time. We get it, EVERYONE including one of Ben's victims think he's just the swellest guy. Mission accomplished. The audience isn't suddenly going to forget or care more about him because you have Eve rightfully pissed at him.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's show had double the normal number of cliffhangers. They didn't even end with Phillip's surprise appearance, because they had something to top it (that great scene with Sami and John). I feel like certain other soaps' writers need to watch Days to get lessons on how to get viewers excited about tuning in tomorrow. 

• Members

I was shocked Phillip didn't get the tag, but the John and Sami scene was so much better.  But everything else was kinda awful.  Sarah, Elani, Rope, bleh.  I'd rather watch Eric, Sami and John scream at eachother for an hour.  And I feel like Phillip is going directly to Sarah and I don't want that to happen..

• Members

Link to Corday’s interview with EW...

https://ew.com/tv/days-of-our-lives-galen-gering-returns/

This stood out to me:
And yes, there may even be kissing and canoodling -- assuming the actors are game. "It's really up to the individual actors and how much they do or don't want to do," Corday tells EW. "And no, we won't be using dolls."

Would the covid coordinators even allow that? Perhaps guidelines are different, that just seems really risky to me even with the actors being tested often.

• Members

I guess if Bill and Susan goes back to filming they might do kissing.

Please register in order to view this content

But I don't know, seems a bit up in the air and they haven't figured out things yet. I'm assuming they're keeping a close watch on other shows that has gone back to filming since they have the advantage of pre-taping for so long in advance.

Maybe Missy Reeves might be willing to kiss everyone

• Members

I am not sure how much it will change.  GH has everyone practically on top of one another.  I could totally suspend belief that they can't be as touchy feely now.  I just don't think we are going to miss much.  Cin having sex in their hotel room for the zillionth time? John and Marlena not making out lol?  Xander and Sarah's weird sexual romps?  I actually will be happy most of the couples have to stay 6 feet apart if I am honest.

• Members

I thought today's episode was really good.  It sucks that the only people that can bring the drama are AARP members and Sami.  I thought Phillip was good with the last blast Shawn D reunion.  But seriously, Days needs to figure out who they want to carry this show.  Deidre and Drake aren't gonna live forever and Ali Sweeney has about 1000 Hallmark movies to complete..

Xander vs Phillip looks promising. As does John's health crisis. And Sami's role in it. It was nice to see Maggie. Feels like yrs since we last saw her. In that dreadful story.  That did her no favors. Today's episode was engrossing. I just hope Days doesn't screw things up. There is potential in many of the stories.

Edited by victoria foxton

I have a better idea. Sonny goes to Phoenix. By himself to check the new company. There's a plane crash. Sonny's decapitated. His head is burned. Sharks eat the burned head. The Sharks even eat the skull .  A now widowed Will meets a hot guy at the tiny park bench. Meanwhile Ben becomes jealous.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton