Days: August 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Whoever wrote those Sami scenes today has a great grasp on her particular psychopathology. The scenes right after John's collapse, where she's unable to realize that he needs help and thinks that he just wants her to apologize--those rang so true to me, because my dad did something similar when my mom had a brain-cancer related seizure while they were arguing. My mom actually had to dial 911 mid-seizure, because my dad (who had Narcissistic Personality Disorder, just like Sami) thought she was just being angry at him. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Perhaps Corday is referring to using spouses as body doubles in kissing scenes like they do on B&B. For example, Katrina Bowden's husband is a body double for Darin Brooks, when K.B.'s character Flo kisses D.B's character Wyatt.   And Katherine Kelly Lang's boyfriend is a body double for Thorsten Kaye, when K.K.L.'s character Brooke kisses T.K.'s character Ridge.
This has been confirmed by Denise Richards in interviews and by KKL on her instagram.

(However, DB's wife Kelly Kruger and TK's wife Susan Haskell were not used for some reason, so wigged dolls were used in their places).

If Corday is looking at something like that, but refuses to use dolls, then maybe he wants all the parties to bring their lovers/spouses to the set. 

Steve and Kayla could work -- Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans are each married to someone else -- but I don't know if their spouses would agree to be used as doubles.

Marci Miller and Billy Flynn are each married to someone else -- but I don't know if their spouses would agree to it. BF's wife is a model and she has acted in the past so she'd probably be open to it.

Camila Banus' longtime boyfriend might agree to it, but I don't know if Brandon Barash has a girlfriend or not?

Would Drake's wife agree to it? But Deidre Hall is currently single. What would she do? How would they film John and Marlena?

But of course, I have no idea if this idea is what Corday is talking about, or if he has some other scheme in mind.

• Members

According to Deidre Hall on the Freddie & Alyssa Podcast RE: Kissing etc. It will be up to the actrs who play the couples. If they are comfortable that each are healthy and they trust one another on that , then you could see intimate scenes but its all about what the actors want to do

Actors start filming Sept 2

Sept 1 is a covid dry run. Whatever that is

Edited by John

Today's episodes was boring. It was funny seeing WilSon and Gabi fighting for a child they never parent. The Cin drama made me hungry for a Hot Fudge Sunday.   Eve in that ugly Karen wig. In that ugly motel room set. With the ugly pile wood walls. The awkward  Rope scenes in Hope's ugly house.  

Edited by victoria foxton

Will just goes alone with anything Sonny 

wants. Chandler was rocking his sexy beard. All 3 should workout a joint custody agreement. 

WilSon had no consideration for Gabi at all.  Didn't think things through at all.

I really wish we would've had scenes of Gabi and Ari together. But we only get scenes of Gabi chasing after Jake's  

• Members

I hate to snark on the story because its basically the best thing going right now and I adore John and Marlena, but we really see them on death's door once every few months.  Can they find anything better for those two to do?  The DH's probably don't even have to study their scripts because they say the same lines to one another or vice versa next to a hospital bed lol,

Although it was nice to see all the vets together being supportive and Hope/Jen/Kayla were cute, so I won't complain too much except Ben out of all those people around was comforting Marlena.  

Please register in order to view this content

And the clothing continues to be an issue.  Eve's pants were ridiculous for sitting on the floor and mourning or well at all and Ciara's chunky, black sweater with a mini-skirt in August? I know Days is a little off in timing but that's not an outfit that makes sense anytime of the year.