DAYS: Another one bites the dust

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I saw Alan Sarapa does NOT have Olivia Rose Keegan(Claire) listed in his 9. He updated with a new post, he forgot to add ORK, so it is 10! Then there is 2.  I am guessing Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) due to the racist support she's given  and Suzanne Rogers(Maggie), maybe  who chose to retire, or Ari Zucker(Nicole) leaves when Greg Vaughan(Eric) does, and Eric not re-cast. Or Eric Martsolf(Brady) and Stacy Haiduk(Kristen). 

Edited by David_Vickers
Updated info

• Members

It would make sense for Nicole/AZ to be one, and have her leave town with him. If Nicole isn't going to return to her bitch on wheels personality, I think the character needs a rest. I'm tired of "crying Nicole."

Melissa Reeves and Matthew Ashford? Maybe. I'm not sure where the show could take them at this point. They can't break them up again or kill Jack for the millionth time. 

If I was TPTB, I would probably keep Jack, Jenn, Kayla, and Steve but put them on recurring status. I just can't think of what could be done with those characters at this point. It's kinda the curse of the "super couple."

Edited by pdm1974

• Members

I wonder if somebody like Suzanne Rogers would take a break due to health concerns.  If I had underlying health conditions I am not sure I would want to work on a soundstage, especially if I had worked long enough for my union pension and health insurance, and probably had a nest egg stashed away.

• Members

Been waiting for this one to drop. 

Maybe Corday shouldn't have released everyone from their contracts? Yikes

But honestly, the cast/show has felt stagnant for years now. I'm all for a massive change.

You have a slew of people like Chloe, Philip, Shawn, Belle, Carrie, Mike, Jeremy, Stephanie, Joey, Theo, etc. who could be on and leading. It bothers me Belle is basically going to become 'the town lawyer' soon. But at least Martha/Belle is sticking around. Philip is back in August, Chloe too. But still ... and Vivian could easily 'replace' Kate and be far more entertaining to watch. Tony and Anna could recur heavily. Bring back Marie. I mean, there's tons and tons of people to mine.

I think it was time, honestly. A year or two ago I'd be angsting about a lot of it but I'm like "bring it on" at this point.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yeah, folks were just waiting for confirmation.  

I still can't believe Brady, who has needed a break eons ago, still sits pretty as all of this goes on.  

Jamie posted the same in regards to what happens when you release everyone from contract.  At this point, I'm not sure what would keep this show on the air.  Out of the 4, Days uses it's vets more and they balance it with a young set.  I won't watch anything written by moRon, but what can the show do?  

• Members

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if we won't see Aniston, Rogers, the Hayses etc for the forseeable future, which would be understandable especially for Aniston and Bill Hayes (who is 95!). I'm not sure I would count them as "leaving" the show as much as taking an indefinitive break.