DAYS: Another one bites the dust

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://tvline.com/2020/07/22/days-of-our-lives-greg-vaughan-leaving-eric/

I'm really hoping Nicole leaves with him, and the just give them a happily ever after. Nicole hasn't been fun in years since she became a "good girl."

With all these exits, you have to wonder what new characters are they replacing them with and/or which ones will return.

• Members

Remember earlier this year there was a rumor of Jacob Young (ex JR Chandler, AMC; ex-Rick Forrester, B&B; ex-Lucky Spencer, GH) joining. Some people then thought he could be a recast Phillip, but I am.thinking re-cast Eric. Also saw rumor today of Billy Miller. I would prefer Jacob.

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

After the way Miller phoned in his performances on GH in the roles of Jason and Drew, DOOL should steer clear of him and save their little budget left. He looked bored to death and mumbled his lines ALL THE TIME by not even trying to perform the material. It was pathetic. So lazy. He seems like one of those actors that is miserable being stuck in daytime and the bitterness for failing in primetime has made him stop even trying. Unless he adjusts his attitude, I don't care to see him back on soaps. 

• Members

This is going to sound mean, but I feel like the show is clearing out some of the dead wood. Characters like Eric, Hope, and Rafe have been taking up a lot of airtime for years, but the show has labored to write interesting storylines for them, because the characters themselves are a little stolid. There are plenty of characters on the canvas who behave in more dynamic, unpredictable ways and can generate drama through their own character flaws and conflicts.