RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

I was watching this morning when they announced it. Cindy Hsu and Mary Calvi could barely hold it together.

I’m totally shocked. I was watching last week too and didn’t even have the slightest idea that they’re may have been something wrong.

RIP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A long time coming and very sad, but I'm glad he's at peace.

I can take or leave a lot of her music, but the stories and feature articles, etc. about Gaga's long friendship with Bennett and how it kept him engaged and happy in his twilight years with Alzheimer's are really touching and beautiful.

• Members

So sad about Tony Bennett. 

Please register in order to view this content

Still, he had a great life before his illness took over.

I think he was the last and longest-lived of that generation of Italian-American singers...Sinatra, Martin, Como, Vale, Lanza, etc.

Edited by applcin

• Members

I just saw this & I was on the phone with one of my oldest friends & I just interrupted her with the sad news. Then we talked about his age & long life, etc. & then about how Lady Gaga thought he hung the moon which I always loved & she told me a story about when she & mutual friends of ours were living in Memphis & Tony Bennett was going to be doing a concert & she paid for tix for herself & these other 2 women so they would go. It was before he was really popular again & Nancy knew somehow that he was both wonderful & very cool, ahead of the rest of us. Lovely story.

May light perpetual shine upon him & may angels guide him to his heavenly rest & may he be met by long-missed family & friends & beloved pets. 

https://soaphub.com/bold-beautiful/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-news/as-the-world-turns-stars-recall-tony-bennett-and-his-visit-to-oakdale/

Michael Swan, John Wesley Shipp & Scott Bryce remember ... 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts