RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, no! I always liked Nicolas Coster. Lionel Lockridge on Santa Barbara was a riot! (Of course, I am well aware that he appeared on many other soaps prior, but Lionel was my first real exposure to him.)

He also had a small, but great, role in the movie, Betsy's Wedding with Alan Alda, Madeline Kahn, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Catherine O'Hara, Joe Pesci, and Anthony LaPaglia as the prospective father-in-law of Ringwald's Betsy.

Rest in peace, Mr. Coster. Thanks for the laughs - and even a tear or two!

On a final bittersweet note, at least he and his youngest son are now reunited. (I still recall him talking about having a child later in life in SOD and how sad it was that that son died so young.)

Edited by Wendy

• Members

R.I.P. Nicolas Coster, one of those actors that, no matter what major U.S. network was a soap fan’s favorite, would have inevitably become familiar with his work on a soap. It’s an entirely sad that soap fans are losing so many of these actors that were the vanguard of the daytime soap’s ascent into massive popularity in popular culture (often even among non-soap viewers). And at a time when daytime soaps are severely diminished and there are no visible attempts to preserve the vintage episodes.