RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Elise Finch was definitely a staple in the NYC news market and to hear about her death this morning was very sad, it just adds to the overwhelming number of lives lost, people dear to me and those who were a part of life throughout the decades.
There were times when I tuned into the news and wondered about her health, if she was alright and now this.

• Members

Oh damn it. You know these Twitter accounts better than I do. I’ll replace. Thanks for flagging that. I usually try to check that.

Had it been known that she’d been suffering from an illness? I was completely in the dark. It’s very sad. Lots of loss both in my family and of course in the soap world too—it has been a very trying year.

I know Ruschell Boone from NY1 had been suffering from pancreatic cancer and was out for nine months, but she seems to be doing very well and is back on the air, last I checked.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

No, but just from observation in changes over a period of time. Television can be an awful grind with the hours especially. I remember one anchor who recently died of a heart ailment that she wasn’t even aware of and over the years, when I had seen her (I admit, wasn’t often since I hadn’t been a regular viewer since the 90s), she looked tired, despite her professional demeanor, it seemed imprinted on her face and body language. That was sometimes the feeling that I got when I saw Elise Finch. I just know that television, especially early morning news can be an absolute grind. Any job where you have to wake up at hours that are not normal for a human body to rest and repair itself can take a toll on health.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Your welcome. Not to get too personal in this forum but I lost a loved one to pancreatic cancer early this year. It was and remains a very painful loss. It is good that people can survive, hopefully Boone can continue to survive and thrive as sadly pancreatic cancer is a cancer that has a very high rate of recurrence. There just have to be some improvements in treatment and cure rates for cancer. I honestly can’t stand it anymore.

• Members

Thank you. Yes, I had read a little about the potential of AI and robotics, in addition to gene therapy. I hope there is some equity in any future trials and treatments as sadly, many people of color are often the last people to have access to clinical trials and new technologies when it comes to medical developments.

That being said, I hope there is some breakthroughs soon too.