RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

I think viewers fell in love with both of them then. They had the odds against them and I don't mean just in terms of his lack of dancing skill. She was the new girl on the show, the fans didn't know her, she wasn't American, and they thought they knew more than they wanted to about Jerry. I think their friendship, her patience with him, his (suprising to many) humility, self-deprecation and kindness, and the love for his family made the viewers keep voting for them to stay. Then they did the father/daughter style Tennessee Waltz and she taught him and his daughter to dance for the daughter's upcoming wedding. I know I saw a side to the man watching him then that I hadn't expected. I still didn't watch his show but I was more aware of the man himself.

Edited by applcin

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Aw, Gordon. He had so many health problems over the years that I think he was happy just to be alive. He felt like he was on borrowed time for years. I love “Sundown“ and “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald“. I’m glad that he was able to overcome all that and perform again in his later years.