RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

Far, far too young. He was incredible on Rome (the precursor to GOT and most of the modern wave of high-budget prestige TV/streaming) with Kevin McKidd, the immortal Polly Walker, Tobias Menzies, etc. and the show got canned, IIRC, for being too expensive. Its budget probably wouldn't put a dent in a single year of Thrones or LOTR today.

Ray Stevenson could do anything in any old piece of material and often did in the last decade, but he was never less than 150% committed. What a guy. First Amis, now this.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew she had been ill for some time, but this hits hard. Tina’s influence on every major pop/rock female artist can’t be underestimated. She set the bar high for live performances as well. Not to mention, she had what is often considered the best “comeback” in rock & roll history. 

She overcame so much in her personal life. Simply calling her a “survivor” wouldn’t do her justice. What a life. What a career. What a woman. The world is a little less special with her no longer in it. 

Rest in peace, Tina! You deserve it and you’ve earned it! 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I played this video so often on the jukebox in the arcade at Circus Circus that I was banned from there for the rest of that summer.  So, what did I do?  I went across the street, to the Riviera, and I started playing the video on the jukebox in THEIR arcade.

RIP Tina.  You were one hell of a woman.