This perfomer would have been good in that role

• Members

lol didn't expect a question like this but, Amanda Carrigton is a character from Dynasty the original series, she was the youngest child of Blake Carrigton and Alexis Morrell, the Protagonist and Antagonist of the series respectively

Brooke Logan, the usual female lead of The Bold and The Beautiful, she began as a virginal girl who falls in love with rich Playboy Ridge Forrester, and since then has a on and off love and hate relashionship with him, as well as relationships with his brother and Father, his other brother and her on daughters' boyfriends and husbands and her younger sister's husband as well, therefore she's loved by some and hated by many

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Someone mentioned to me last year what I thought about George Reinholt as Alan Spaulding on TGL. (This would have been during 1988, so Reinholt instead of Daniel Pilon.)

I had never, ever considered Reinholt before in the role, but as I started to look at all of the audio and video footage available of Reinholt as Steve Frame, it made complete sense to me. 

• Members

Actually, that would have been a good gamble to take. Reinholt was able to project menace, sarcasm, sexiness and charm, and would have been a stronger Alan that either the so-so Ron Raines or the tepid Daniel Pilon.

In 1987, when TGL SORASed Alan-Michael to 17, Jacqueline Courtney was 41. Casting her as Hope Bauer would also have been perfect, since (according to Don Stewart, Hope had been about 24 when A-M was born, which aged Hope to 41 in 1987).

The show could have used a "star" couple of actors in the 1980s, and having Courtney assume the role of a blood Bauer matriarch would have strengthened TGL's core, and mollified veteran viewers who were still vocally bitter about all the damaging changes Springfield had seen in the 1980s. A few years later, with Maureen Garrett and Michael Zaslow back in the fold, we would have had Jacqueline Courtney, George Reinholt, Beverlee McKinsey, Jerry ver Dorn, Garrett and Zaslow all on the same show...a soap fan's wet dream!!!

Ahh, what could have been! 

• Members

tbh I think Reinholt came across much more flamboyant in his late '80s AW appearance than he had when he was younger. But Chris Bernau wasn't exactly Burt Reynolds himself, so it could've worked. That being said I suspect P&G were likely still sick of Reinholt on a permanent basis. I know Robin Strasser supposedly used to talk him up to try to get him work.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If Denny Albee had never been cast as Steve Guthrie on The Edge of Night, the late Richard Borg would have been very good in that role.

In the same vein, Mr. Borg would have been a good replacement as Steve after the dismissal of Mr. Guthrie in that role.     Steve Gutherie was a character who definitely should have been recast as opposed to being written off the program!    (I do not know if Mr. Borg was on The Doctors at the time.)

• Members

I mentioned about that I felt that the late Richard Borg would have been a suitable replacement in the Steve Guthrie role on The Edge of Night.  Another suitable person for that role would have been soap hopper Ted LePlatt.

I mentioned about that I felt that the late Richard Borg would have been a suitable replacement in the Steve Guthrie role on The Edge of Night.  Another suitable person for that role would have been soap hopper Ted LePlatt.  I admit that Mr. LePlatt was probably taller then Mr. Albee, who did play Steve on The Edge of Night.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I watched a movie last Saturday with the late actress Lee Remick.    She never was on television (unless it was early in her career), but she would have made an EXCELLENT Rae Woodard on Ryan's Hope!

Also, Denny Albee would have bee a good Dr. Ed Bauer on The Guiding Light.

• Members

I...don't think so.

If only Michael Storm had been willing to portray someone other than OLTL's Dr. Larry Wolek, I think he could've been a good replacement for Peter Simon.  He certainly would have been better than Richard Van Vleet.

• Members

Yes, I never cared for Richard van Vleet or Peter Bergman when they were playing doctors on All My Children.  On The Guiding Light, my favorite Dr. Ed Bauer was Robert Gentry, but I also liked Mart Hulswit a lot.    By the time Richard van Vleet was playing Ed, I was no longer watching the program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ray Fulmer (Ray on The Guiding Light; Martin Nell on Somerset) would have been a good Lincoln Tyler on All My Children.

Billy Dee Williams (The Guiding Light; As the World Turns) would have been a good Tyrone on All My Children.

Ed Bryggman (As the World Turns) would have been quite interesting as Barnabas/Bramwell on Dark Shadows.