This perfomer would have been good in that role

• Members

Many of us would have liked to have seen various performers playing soap opera roles that were filled by other performers.

For instance, Frances Heflin (All My Children) would have been a good Martha Wilson on As the World Turns.

I thought that Mitchell Ryan (Dark Shadows) would have been a much better recast as Mike Karr on The Edge of Night than Forrest Compton.

Who are some performers that you would have liked the producers to have hired for a role.   (Please identify the roles.)

Edited by danfling

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Either Jonathan Frid (Dark Shadows) or Louis Edmonds (Young Doctor Malone, Dark Shadows, All My Children) as Allen Dunbar on The Secret Storm.

Although I loved Holland Taylor as Denise Norwood Cavanaugh, R. N. on The Edge of Night, Lara Parker (Dark Shadows) would have been good in the role also.

• Members

I love the idea of Ulrich as Hope..she would have been one diva who could have dealt with Kimmer nose to nose.

Lara Parker as Alexandra Spaulding...cold, classy, with a bubbling passion underneath and a woman who would cut your throat if you crossed her.

I know he didn't do daytime, but Ray Wise as Alan Spaulding...or someone else suggested this..Roscoe Born as Alan. Well, my dog would have made a better Alan then RR but...

• Members

I know Danfling is unhappy that Leslie Bauer was killed off Guiding Light.

I believe Lynne Adams wanted to leave so the Dobsons saw it as a chance to free up Mike for further romance.

Danfling, were you a fan of Adams particularly or the Leslie character in general?

Had they decided to recast, who do you think would have worked in the role?

Barbara Rodell and Kathryn Hays had both played Leslie  but were contracted to As The World Turns.

• Members

"I  know Danfling is unhappy that Leslie Bauer was killed off Guiding Light.

I believe Lynne Adams wanted to leave so the Dobsons saw it as a chance to free up Mike for further romance.

Danfling, were you a fan of Adams particularly or the Leslie character in general?

Had they decided to recast, who do you think would have worked in the role?

Barbara Rodell and Kathryn Hays had both played Leslie  but were contracted to As The World Turns."

I am now a fan of Lynne Adams, but I was not at the time.  I would have liked the show to recast another actress because I felt that the audience had gone through so much with the Leslie character.  Right now, I cannot think who I would suggest as a replacement, but I will start thinking about it.   How about Laurie Hinemann (As the World Turns, Another World) or Melinda Peterson (As the World Turns) or Carol Roux (Another World - both of them)?

Actually, though, your question leads me to remember what had happened on the show a few years earlier.  Lynne Adams had left the show and was acting on The Secret Storm as Amy.  Barbara Rodell was playing Leslie.

Then, Jada Rowland offered herself to return to The Secret Storm as Amy.   That show released Ms. Adams, and she was re-hired as Leslie on The Guiding Light.  This caused Ms. Rodell to be dismissed from The Guiding Light.   The Guiding Light had just begun a storyline (I think which had been planted many years earlier when Agnes Nixon was writing the show) about the mother of Leslie and the ex-wife of Dr. Steve Jackson.  I think that the better solution would have been to leave Ms. Rodell in the role of Leslie and to have cast (or replaced Carol Titel) as the mother.   For years, there had been a portrait of Mrs. Jackson which was the image of Lynn Adams.

• 2 weeks later...