Days: May 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And this is the main issue - I don't have a problem with them going there (soaps of ye olden DAYS did deal with sensitive/contoversial issues after all), but as someone said: if they were going there, they needed to do it properly. And in all honesty, it's not the budget that's the issue here, but the fact that Ron's writing doesn't exactly lend itself to devle into this sort of introspective writing. It's a bit like trying to run before you can even crawl in his case.

I guess it's a small blessing that he didn't have Ben run into there, shirtless and trying to resuscite her, Ciara screaming in the background and Maggie waking up exclaiming "My hero and everyone's hero of Salem! I'm completely cured of my depression by the power of your salicious lips", which at least shows some progression in the writing. Small steps, small steps.

• Members

NONE of them reacted with Maggie with enough emotion except for Xander. To me, the others seemed laid back in hearing the truth and in worrying about her. Just ridiculous.

Freddie left out that his scenes with Chandler were cut because they’re so damn boring.

Speaking of Chandler, he GRINNED today when talking to Maggie after her failed suicide attempt. And no, it wasn’t an appropriate acting choice.

• Members

I just saw that and laughed. Rafe loves to be on that high horse while ignoring his own family history.

I don't like new Zoey at all. And it's a shame they've already basically made Orpheus' family a non-starter. There were brief glimpses of them becoming a semi viable family in town but they killed that pretty quickly.

I wasn't disturbed by Maggie's suicide attempt and it actually made sense to me.

• Members

I spied a palm tree in Salem that day... 

Please register in order to view this content

DAYS used their back lot many times during the mid-90's through the early 00's. That park bench across the street from Salem Place got a lot of use. Heck, that's where Kate & Franco were posed when Sami found those perfectly staged incriminating photographs of them conspiring. 

• Members

Sarah is showing sparks of being interesting for the first time to me. I love how they had her say she has a personality flaw where she jumps into bed with the first person in front of her. I LOL’d at that one. If I were writing it, I’d lean in to her being an alcoholic ho bag. Could be fun. 

• Members

Ciara trying so hard to force her family to accept her with the serial killer is so no annoying. I'm glad Victor stuck to his guns and didn't give his blessing. What the hell did Ciara think was going to happen?

Oh god I spoke too soon, he gave in just so she would stay at Titan. I hate Ciara so much.

I love Gabi so much.

Edited by Antoyne