B&B to air classic episodes

• Members

That's a no for me. It was enough that they replaced a 20+ year character/actor Ridge with a new actor that didn't quite fit IMO and should have just written off...and it's not a stretch for people to have new faces nowadays...it's LA afterall (and Hunter Tylo hasn't shied away from a little nip tuck herself either) but if Kristian were to come on to BB, I'd rather she play someone new. I'm not a fan of vets getting replaced espeically long running ones that have been on since the beginning or very early on.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The fashion show reruns are not fun to watch if you have already seen them before. It's pretty standard; random models walking down the runway while the Forrresters/Spectras observe from the sidelines. I would have been more interested in seeing other episodes from the Portofino shoot, especially Macy's reunion with Thorne and Sally. The scene where Sally is listening to Macy singing on the stereo, only to hear the real Macy singing behind her is chilling.

I never understood why some are so eager to recast roles which have played by 1 actor for 20 or 30 years. It's not like HT is unavailable.

With that said, I wouldn't mind KA coming to B&B as a new character, of course Bradley would get bored and forget about her after 6 months.

• Members

Does anyone have any of the other episodes around this time when Bridget found out about Deacon and Brooke gave birth to Hope?

One thing that is funny about these "epic confrontations" is that Brooke was right, they do forgive each other and act like this never happened. They really ruined Bridget after this when she became her mother's romantic rival for Nick Marone.

• Members

I honestly felt that Jennifer Finnigan was the best actor on the show at that time and outclassed all her acting partners in nearly every scene (and yes that includes Flannery whose early work as Stephanie I loved but who became a bit too hammy and OTT as Stephanie moved into becoming more of a violent caricature than a real person)

• Members

I liked her a lot too, but there was something that rang false to me, even as she summoned real tears and modulated well from anger to disgust to resignation. Maybe it was just even her voice that bugged me. I remember loving those scenes when they aired and feeling quite underwhelmed now. The bug-eyed, doubled-over reaction to hearing Deacon declare his love to Brooke over the baby monitor felt... strained.

• Members

Maybe it was the skipped episodes and not getting to see the complete fallout and Bridget's reaction to the news.

I think you hit something when mentioning her voice.  I loved Jennifer Finnigan.  I even watched that CBS summer show Salvation because of her.  But I think Finnigan has this presence about her that can make it a bit difficult to buying into her being doubled-over hurt in those scenes.  I think the more angrier stuff at Big Bear yesterday was more suited to her.