B&B to air classic episodes

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They have so many spurts of bringing in new characters (often times played by daytime vets known from other shows), using them for a hot minute, then let them flounder for a bit before being axed altogether. 

When I first started watching B&B in '96, wasted potentials Lark Voorhies and Dylan Neal were on their way out, but they brought on Lily Melgar annd George Alvarez to do nothing with Michael Lai (real name escapes me), had them as pool extras at one point, then we never saw again. 

• Members

Episode set to air next week : 

Theme is "Classic Confrontations " 

Monday, July 6: Eric (John McCook) and Ridge (Ronn Moss) compete against each other in a fashion showdown in Portofino, Italy. Massimo Marone (the late Joe Mascolo), Bridget (Jennifer Finnegan), Sally (the late Darlene Conley), and Darla (Schae Harrison) watch Ridge, designing for Spectra Fashions, and Eric, as lead designer for Forrester Creations, bring their best to the "Portofino Challenge." Stephanie (Susan Flannery) and Clarke (Dan McVicar) emcee the event and Brooke (Katherine Kelly Lang) set jaws dropping as she arrives in the showstopper via boat on the Ligurian Sea. Original airdate: Jan. 6, 2003 

Tuesday, July 7: Whip (Rick Hearst) and Deacon (Sean Kanan) butt heads, explaining that there is no way that Brooke would ever betray her daughter, Bridget, and that Whip must forget and pretend Brooke's baby is really Deacon's. Meanwhile, Bridget, not realizing that her mother is pregnant with her husband Deacon's baby, throws her a baby shower. Taylor (Hunter Tylo), Kristen (Tracey Melchior), and Erica (Courtnee Draper) attend, as well as Megan (Maeve Quinlan) and Stephanie, both of whom know the truth about Brooke's secret. After the shower is over, Meagan assures Whip that Deacon won't do anything to jeopardize his relationship with Bridget, while Deacon heads over to Brooke's house to talk about their baby, where he professes his love for her. Original airdate: June 14, 2002 

Wednesday, July 8: Whip is shocked Deacon has agreed to keep his distance from Brooke by taking Bridget on a publicity tour for the Forrester Creations Ambrosia line, clueless to her hearing him profess his love to Brooke. Meanwhile, Stephanie sits outside the Big Bear cabin in her car as Bridget heads in to confront her mother over her horrifying betrayal. In a heartbreaking moment, an angry Bridget demands that Brooke tell her how many times she and Deacon were together. Brooke attempts to convince Bridget how much she loves her, but Bridget insists that Brooke threw her away. Bridget tells Brooke that she made her choice, and choices have consequences. Brooke grabs Bridget's wrist, begging her to give her another chance. Stephanie enters the cabin and orders Brooke to let Bridget go. When Bridget leaves, Brooke drops to the floor and tells Stephanie she's going into labor. Original airdate: June 28, 2002

Thursday, July 9:  Wyatt (Darin Brooks) interrupts Dollar Bill (Don Diamont) remembering the kiss he shared with Brooke. Vinny (Joe LoCicero) tries to hide his anxiety about Thomas’s (Matthew Atkinson) plan as he makes small talk with Carter (Lawrence Saint-Victor), Quinn (Rena Sofer), and Eric. He asks Thomas to stop the madness and cancel the ceremony. Alone, before the ceremony, Hope (Annika Noelle) asks Douglas (Henry Samiri) to trust her, telling the child that she will make sure that she is always his mother. Unseen, Thomas listens to part of the conversation and is confident that he and Hope will be married by the end of the day. Douglas watches his world fall apart as the wedding of Thomas Forrester and Zoe Buckingham (Kiara Barnes) begins. Mid-ceremony, Douglas has a meltdown and runs upstairs. Hope follows him as Zoe urges Thomas to continue with the wedding. Nervous and trying to stall, Thomas continues with his vows. At the very last moment, everyone is stunned to see Hope, in the Hope for the Future gown that Thomas created for her, and Douglas, standing hand and hand at the end of the aisle. Original airdate: March 12, 2020

Friday, July 10:  Thomas believes that all of his dreams are about to come true. When Zoe demands that Thomas not leave her at the altar, Hope takes the opportunity to expose Thomas. He soon realizes that Hope, Liam (Scott Clifton), and Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) plotted his comeuppance and turns to Douglas, then Ridge (Thorsten Kaye), for support. With Zoe and Hope now side-by-side in solidarity, Thomas is forced to hear from his friends and family their disappointment in his machinations and how his evil behavior has affected their lives. Realizing he has lost everything, Thomas flees, leaving Hope, Liam, and Douglas to be reunited as a family. Original airdate: March 13, 2020

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/07/02/confrontations-are-front-and-center-on-the-bold-and-the-beautiful

Edited by Forever8

• Members

The B&B epi of Jan. 6, 2003 was supposed to have been rebroadcast on June 9, 2020, but it was officially preempted nationally in the USA for the George Floyd funeral.
I don't know if it aired in Canada that day, but it was preempted in the USA.
I don't know if they uploaded it to cbs.com or not, but if they did, they took it down.
It officially "didn't happen".
So B&B is having a "do-over" of the rebroadcast, this time on MONDAY July 6, 2020.

Y&R is doing something similar regarding the George Floyd preemption.
The Y&R epi of June 7, 2001 was supposed to have been rebroadcast on June 9, 2020, but it was officially preempted nationally in the USA for the George Floyd funeral.
It aired in Canada on June 8, 2020, but it was preempted in the USA on June 9, 2020.
They definitely uploaded it to cbs.com; but they have since taken it down.
It officially "didn't happen".
So Y&R is having a "do-over" of the rebroadcast, this time on July 9, 2020 

Although B&B and Y&R were both preempted on June 9,

the "do-over" rebroadcasts of the two shows happen on different dates.
B&B's do-over is Monday July 6.
Y&R's do-over is Thurs July 9 US (Wed July 8 CDN).

• Members

Just like when Rome Flynn left the show and Nicole had to disappear with Zende... At least they didn't get divorced. Such a shame, because I grew on the Nicole character, way better than Myron's...

Thank you! I was wondering if anyone would remember that she was nothing more but a gold digger. Although her introduction was very nice and believable when she fell for Rick, not knowing his a Forrester, but the minute she got engaged to Carter, her character changed dramatically. All that jealousy of Oliver&Aly and frustration, seducing Rick... Couldn't believe she won in the end, especially the way she and Rick treated Aly. And we are supposed to forget everything, because she's trans? No way! I have hated Myron since 2014 and the trans storyline didn't change anything for me. How the hell suddenly all the Forresters are so accepting and especially Rick? His character would never forgive Myron for lying about such thing, but I guess that's exactly why they were paired up. At least Julius and Bill were the only ones who actually took the opposite points of view. 

Edited by LuckyBold

• Members

I won't say this is a bad choice, but rather interesting. Why Deacon&Whip? Whip was on the show for a short period in 2002, if they wanted to stay with that year, the more interesting episode would be with e.g. Sheila shooting Taylor and Brooke or threatening Amber... But it's still a classic episode, so I don't mind.

Edited by LuckyBold

• Members

Mon-Wed look great, of course they always have to water down each week with a 2010s/20s episode. Y&R has done a relatively decent job of staying clear more recent episodes.

Wish come true with more episodes from the Deacon/Brooke story line. Agreed, Hopefully more Sheila from 2002 re-airs as well. It'd be cool to see more the fallout from Macy's original "death", the trust/Forrester ownership story, as well as the fallout from Brooke & Oliver. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Someone on another board said that was worded wrong in the press release (I'm not familiar with the characters so I wouldn't know).

They said the error was in this sentence:

"Whip (Rick Hearst) and Deacon butt heads. explaining that there is no way that Brooke would ever betray her daughter, Bridget and that Whip must forget and pretend Brooke's baby is really Deacon's."

They said that it wasn't that Whip had to pretend that Brooke's baby was Deacon's. It was that Deacon had to pretend that Brooke's (and Deacon's) baby was Whip's, to keep Bridget from finding out the truth.

Did I understand that correctly?

Edited by janea4old