Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The ultimate Newman family week for me would be Victor's first episode, Victor and Nikki's first meeting, Victoria's birth, baby Nicholas first appearance (his birth was off screen), and Victor and Nikki's hospital wedding (as that's the only one of their weddings that hasn't been rebroadcast).

• Members

I recall Neil and Dru's first date. He and Brad were roommates then. He came home and as he was preparing for bed, he looked in the mirror and said "that's one fine little lady.". Small things like that have stuck with me over almost 30 years. 

Ryan and Neil became friends working together at Newman. At least that's how I recall it. But early on, Brad and Neil were roommates. 

• Members

Sharon and Amy were cut off the episode

Please register in order to view this content

I really wanted to see Mark or Scott as I don't remember them at all. I was a child when it aired in France. I only remembered Sharon kept changing but that's all.

The episode is okay though.

• Members

I guess i's alwayssubjective what is interestiong or not. Considering that Y&R has been REALLY digging into the archives we owe hem nothing but gratitude that they mostly refrained from choosing 2010+ episodes which is super cool.

That said, I also do not understand why they have not shown a lot of no-brainers (yet?) - e.g. big stars' debut episodes, Who shot Victor?, Jack leaving Victor for dead in the TGVN office, the 90s primetime specials....

• Members

Subjective is right indeed! I think back to that Victor & Nikki week back in May while it was an unusual set of eps that aired that week I mean we saw Vanessa Prentiss scheming in the midst of it all yet I truly got the sense the eps were handpicked by EB and MTS themselves as their favorite Victor & Nikki moments of all time, which made it even feel more endearing too. 

While I want to see so much more all over again, I won’t forget that Y&R did go out of its way to dig into their library to bring out some great classics, even if they didn’t make sense or not lol(Nick & Sharon’s 2001 Arabian Nights date ep was so minuscule to everything else going on in that ep

Please register in order to view this content

)