Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Josie Davis? I did but Grace was really a different character at that point. Honestly, I think it was more about Davis' Grace was a better fit with Nick Scotti's Tony.  Once Gareis was in the role, the show seemed to have little to no use for Scotti but yeah, I have to admit, I never truly got used to Gareis in the role.

• Members

I liked Tony. I remember when he was recast. Btw the episode that aired today in 1998 was still pulling a 67 rating. Considering all the recasts that was pretty good.

• Members

Just a small note for tomorrow's US episode in regards to Nikki and Victor's 2002 Wedding:

The episode was heavily edited to focus on Nikki and Victor's wedding which had scenes from mostly the 2002-09-05 show, but also a few from the 2002-09-09 and 2002-09-10 show. Scenes that were cut in the original airing included Raul in the hospital after recovering from a drunk driving accident after an argument with Brittany, and a brief Jack and Phyllis scene as Phyllis was heavily distracted by her feud with Diane. Scenes that were added include the Niktor Wedding Dance and Ashley daydreaming about a life with Victor and Abby with a photo montage at the end. In my opinion, this edit was well done.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

Jeez. Did they cut Raul entirely or just some of it? I have a copy of 9/5/02 and am uploading to your vault (YouTube blocked it last time), but I'm not 100% sure whether it's the original or a prior rebroadcast. That's some BS. It was 36 minutes long. I don't like this creative editing.

• Members

All of Raul, Mac, and Brittany was cut. The rebroadcast is on the vault if you want to catch it!

One change I do appreciate (and especially because I've communicated this to Mike Dobson over Twitter) was that some of the cues originally dubbed at the wrong pitch was corrected (which had been a problem since late 2001 and wasn't corrected until last year).

Also the wedding singer was cut out with an arrangement of "Here Comes the Bride", though if I remember correctly she wasn't all that popular LOL.

• Members

Watching the 1987 episode now and Terry Lester’s Jack and Peter Bergman’s(the only Jack I know) are basically entirely different characters.

Wait the Allstate guy was on Y&R?!

I love that for the most part Eileen, Eric, and Melody never messed up their faces and when you see them today they’re still recognizable.

Edited by Antoyne