Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

I pray it isn't number one.  Because, if it is, then what are those who don't carry the virus supposed to do?  Are we gonna have to wear gloves and masks and practice social distancing forever?  Unless someone develops a vaccine, we may NEVER get back to "normal."

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Darcy already answered the question, the report was from a St. Louis official that said 100% of ST LOUIS deaths from coronavirus were black, not all Missouri residents. The last thing this country needs in the middle of a national emergency is false information flying around. 

They have been wanting to privatize the postal service for a long time. Good luck sending a letter to podunkville, 20 miles from the nearest gas station for less than 5 bucks. 

• Members

It will be interesting to see if the recommendation for people wearing masks will make a big difference. I believe it will, and should have been done long ago. I suppose one good thing about this virus, is it has taught a lot of people about germ transmission and how lacking their hygiene is. 

• Members

Some people have gotten their stimulus checks are already. People can be on the lookout for it to hit your banks accounts soon. A lot of checks will be direct deposited between now and Wednesday/next week. Some banks (llke Navy Federal) have been getting the deposits early. The IRS has also just launched a link to help people who are non filer put in information to file a simple return to get the stimulus payments.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

And later on this month will be doing another portal for people who have filed already but need to update their direct deposit information. (So they can get their payments earlier and not have to wait on a paper check). Paper Check won't start be distributed until early May and it's being reported that five million checks will be sent out weekly.

Hopefully it does. And hopefully more people are becoming more aware of how bad their hygiene has been. There are people out there that were not washing their hands the way they were supposed to. I've always been big on handwashing/sanitation. Unfortunately a lot of people have not been. I've seen too many instances in public restrooms, where people barely wash/don't wash their hands after they've used the bathrooms. It was really ridiculous. Hopefully, they've learned better now and are doing stuff like washing their hands more. People need to also be more mindful about covering their coughs/sneezes. There are too many people out there that are still not doing this. It doesn't help that some of them sneeze and cough in forceful, unnecessary, exaggerated manners. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

You're not joking about the restroom hygiene. There are men that I call "Urinal huggers", they literally go up and let their forearms touch the sides of the urinal. I guess because they are afraid someone next to them will see something? Then they leave and put their arms around their girlfriend or whatever. Creeps me out. One thing I noticed is that every man who does that seems to be under the age of 35. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I hate to say it, but I've also seen too many women not wash their hands in the restrooms. And some of them will come out of a stall and give a look like "Yeah, I'm not going to wash my hands." It's really unfortunate. A lot of them may just not like to be sanitary but I do wonder if some of them are not really washing their hands because they think they are conserving water/helping the environment. There are people out there that don't really wash themselves, including taking showers/baths that often, because they want to conserve water/think they are helping the environment. I've seen women on the internet say this/even knew a women that have said stuff like this. And it's just umm...... 

Please register in order to view this content

I mean come on. They need to worry more about preventing disease and contamination, especially during these times right now.

As far as age goes, I have seen women of various ages, not wash their hands in the restrooms. Including some middle aged women. The people that I noticed that don't like to cover their mouths when they sneeze/cough and sneeze/cough unnecessarily forcefully tend to be younger people. I have noticed that younger people in their 20s like to do these things. Granted there are some older people that do this too, but I've really noticed this in younger people. And it's unsanitary and obnoxious. And very unsafe especially during times like these.

People really need to change their behavior when it comes to stuff like this. Hopefully, they are becoming more mindful and making adjustments to be more sanitary. It's safer for everyone if they do. 

Edited by xtr