Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's time for the media to stop covering these and just interview experts instead. They are doing nothing but bolstering Trump's appeal even though he has done absolutely nothing to warrant the support. Any time he melts down, it's just seen as the norm. Any time he doesn't melt down, it's seen as an amazing step forward. 

Peter Alexander being "shocked" that such a minor question got such a vicious response tells you what you need to know about how much of a bubble the media remains in. They still want Trump to be their "strong father," like McCain was. Only days ago, Dana Bash was gushing over Trump for the bare minimum. Yet this will continue, as they need Trump to be what he will never be, and they also know that they are as replaceable as ever - imagine how they feel when they see Sean Spicer being shameless enough to come back and ask a question, showing them what a sham their jobs are. 

Sounds like Pence's propaganda team in place. I'm sure he was less volatile, but considering his track record in Indiana (and I don't remember anything getting better with the White House handling either), I have a hard time believing he was much help here. 

I just wonder how long it will be before Fauci and Bix are banished. Fauci was seen looking disdainful of one of his jokes today, so it won't be long. 

I'm sorry about your friend. I was just thinking about some of my family who passed - one who was about the sweetest, kindest person I've known, and who'd developed heart problems, passed away just a month before all this really started. I think maybe it was a kindness.

I wonder if Joe's response is down to "where's Joe" trending. To be honest I think he may be better off avoiding this type of thing, after how badly the livestream was handled, but it's not up to me...

• Members

I, too, am sorry to hear about your friend, @Vee.  Papa Khan was a Type 2 diabetic, who was finally applying for his green card after living in this country since 1972, when he died, in 2012.  I've been thinking him more and more since this crisis began, actually thanking God he isn't alive to witness everything that's occurring.  No doubt, if my dad were alive, I'd be as worried about his possible exposure to the coronavirus as I am about Mama Khan, who is Type 2 as well.

IA.  These "briefings" do little to better inform the public, especially when the experts and the media have to go back and retract some of Donald Trump's lies immediately afterward.

No one in that administration has the guts to tell that man that he is literally of no use to this country right now, and that's sad (not to mention, dangerous).

Edited by Khan

• Members

No, I think Joe's being smart. Trump's daily briefings/praise sessions are falling apart and he's crumbling mentally more by the day. They're bad for his numbers but worse for the country. America needs to see some semblance of a sane, rational leader out in front of them every day of the crisis from the Democrats' side - we can't just do the work BTS and expect the media to give us attention after. We need a PR push now. Joe can do it. Pelosi can do it, even AOC can do it. And Dems starting to cut into Trump's daily live TV show will drive him even crazier.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This plan is definitely no where near as good as just sending everyone $1,000 per adult and $500 per child. It looks like people that didn't work in 2018 (or had income of less than $2,500) would get nothing. And as the author pointed out in the thread, it doesn't seem like it will create relief for a lot of other areas including not helping a lot of workers who will lose their jobs, or giving fiscal relief to states.