Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, xtr said:

The $75,000 number was being thrown out earlier when they were talking about who should get money, and including the possible $1,000 payment. That figure was being used by some people who was saying that everyone who made underneath that amount should be sent the $1,000 that was initially suggested.

This newest plan by Mitch McConnell does seem closer to a tax credit. (It reminds me of the earned income credit) And from what I heard/read is that around $50,000 are the ones that will benefit the most from this plan. People in that income range are the ones who are most likely to get the $1,200 credit. People who made beneath that range in 2018 (between $2,500-less than $50,000) in earned income would get the $600 credit. I'm not sure what exact figure a person would have to make to get the full  $1,200 amount, but my boss mentioned that people in the $50,000 range would benefit the most from this plan. And that it could phase out around $99,000 which would stop the higher income people from getting it.

The article that was posted pointing out the problems with this plan did give an example of how an adult making $35,000 wouldn't qualify for the full $1,200 and only get $600. It was used as an example to show how this current proposal would give less money to lower income people. (Even though they need the most assistance.)

Thanks for taking all the time to give more information. Which plan do you think sounds better? (admittedly they all sound pretty awful)

I remember the stimulus was taxed. It would be nice if they gave people a break here, but giving a break to anyone who isn't an 80 year old executive seems unlikely. 

The entire St. Louis Metro Area has now been issued a stay at home order from the City Mayor and County Executive. This is nuts. many of us have no idea wtf the Governor's problem is.

3 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

It's that time again...

What a jerk! Some people really should be banned from using social media of any kind.

It just feels so unnecessary to tweet something like this now.

24 minutes ago, Roman said:

The entire St. Louis Metro Area has now been issued a stay at home order from the City Mayor and County Executive. This is nuts. many of us have no idea wtf the Governor's problem is.

I'm sorry to hear all that. I think Roy Blunt was one of the senators recently trying to downplay everything. 

Edited by DRW50
8 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I'm sorry to hear all that. I think Roy Blunt was one of the senators recently trying to downplay everything. 

he was. and is getting ROASTED here right now. the POS.

Listen, if you need to know how to screw during this time of mortal danger, your priorities ain't worth s**t.

"Officials have learned that the president craves a constant diet of flattery, which they serve up during daily televised briefings."

See what happens when you fall asleep during class, boys and girls?  ;) 

5 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I couldn't stomach Trump's sham show but I browsed Twitter and saw that yet again Fauci was having to do cleanup duty for him. I am surprised he has lasted this long - I don't think it will be much longer before he's pushed out.

Agree.  And when that day comes, may God have mercy on all our souls.  :( 

Edited by Khan
2 hours ago, Vee said:

I've been saying that expecting all this to be over in the next month or two was being far too optimistic.  Especially as there are still those who refuse to take this seriously, and in doing so, continue to spread the virus to others.

As I see it, we will be lucky -- no, make that blessed -- if our current restrictions aren't still in place come Election Day, in November.