Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the best idea was to give everyone the $1,000 plus $500 per child. And if they aren't going to do that then I think giving everyone who makes under $75,000 a full sum of money is better than what Mitchell McConnell is proposing. You could help more people that way, than by doing his plan, which will give the poorest people the least amount of money or nothing. I did see that the Dems rejected his plan and that both sides are still working things out regarding a stimulus plan. Hopefully, they can come to an agreement on something that will benefit American people as a whole. 

I don't think that's the best idea. I do think that people that have been exposed and definitely have it should stay home. While healthier people without symptoms or known exposure should be allowed to work. And for some of them whenever these restrictions/shelter in places orders are lifted. I wonder what states/cities plan are after these orders are limited. I can understand that people want to slow the spread of the virus, but they aren't really providing answers as to what degree is acceptable for them to let people live a bit more normally again.

Shutting down all of these businesses is going to be catastrophic for the economy. A lot of people have to work and don't have the luxury of being able to afford to go two weeks without work/income. Let alone a month or more. If the governments don't get together some sort of plan to help working people, the impact of the economy collapsing is going to be more harmful than the virus itself. It's already headed that way IMHO.

Edited by xtr

• Members

A family friend called today - their father was older and had been hospitalized, touch and go. They hadn't been able to see him, and he died without them there. Now they will have to plan a funeral with this in mind as well. It's one of those moments where you sort of feel this coming closer and closer to your everyday life.

Edited by DRW50