Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^ Wow. Someone just did that to the volunteer coordinator at the nursing home, I volunteer at. She asked a visitor to pull their mask up (while visiting someone in their 80's) and the woman pulled it all the way down and coughed on her. The woman was banned from the building I'm happy to say. Still, people are crazy. I feel like I'm working a customer service job again. Some people are unbelievable jackasses and then you also meet the kindest people ever!

• Members

I am having a difficult time actually being around people again....both for my health and fear of coming in contact with an [!@#$%^&*] like that.  It's a good thing I don't carry a weapon, because I believe I could use it on somebody like that.

• Members

The place "I'm working" at is a Jewish nursing home. This one lady said she felt like she was in a concentration camp because I asked her the normal screening questions.

Please register in order to view this content

The old man behind her happened to be a survivor and told me that if she were a man she'd be missing some teeth.  I just don't know what is wrong with people.

On the nice side there is this father and son that come in to visit there mother/grandmother and they sing her show tunes. They could not be nicer. Plus they are surprisingly talented.

@victoria foxtonYeah, this isn't over by a long shot. We can't let our guard down. I'm still masking whenever I'm in public. I hope everyone here is doing the same. It seems pretty clear that Covid will come back hard in the fall since we aren't even at a 50% vax rate yet.