Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sorry about your loss. 

I don't think it's uncharitable to say the vaccine rollout has been abysmal, and sadly, exactly as expected. I saw a tweet saying this is the result of 40 years of demonizing and tearing down government efficiency. Trump and his flunkies never gave a damn about the vaccine rollout - they just wanted to come up with a clever name like "Operation Warp Speed" (and amazingly got lots of unearned preemptive praise from many who should have known better - as always).

This was sobering but pretty much accurate.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss, @DramatistDreamer.  And I hope you're looking out for your mental and physical well-being, too.

You know, there's nothing wrong with wanting to pray for our nation.  But, for God's sake, Cameron: PUT ON A DAMN MASK.

"Disastrous" almost doesn't cover how the Trump administration has handled everything related to this pandemic.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Thanks for the well-wishes, @Khan
@DRW50
2020 was a tough year for all of and the loss of live has been unfathomable. It's probably a combination of that and feeling momentarily overwhelmed. We will all get through this.

From the looks of it, Great Britain barely knows what it's doing as well.