Days: February 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Can you blame her?  She's never seen one that small before! 

Please register in order to view this content

IDC what anyone says.  Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith are so over being "gay for pay."

Edited by Khan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just watched yesterday's show and I enjoyed it. Though I lol'ed at some of the stuff/reaction from the wedding and some of the way the truth was coming out at it.

I also thought that Evan/Sonny/Will all looked good on yesterday's show. Will/CM does look better with shorter hair and I like Sonny/Freddie with at least some lighter scruff. I liked the way Sonny's hair is styled right now too.  And Evan is handsome/very sexy. I actually liked quite of bit of their scenes yesterday.

Now I need to catch up on today's show.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Bill Hayes is amazing at 94 years of age

Such a contrast to Frances Reid's last appearances.

His 50th should be getting tons of publicity from NBC. I remember the doco from a few years back with Carl Reiner, Norman Lear, Betty White and others over 80 and thinking Bill should have been a part of that as he was still working regularly and had been a big part of 50's variety TV.

Another example of how daytime is ignored.

• Members

I saw Tuesday's episode. I'm glad they did something for Bill Hayes's 50th anniversary. I am very glad he's still around doing well. But I don't know why they decided to kill off Bill Horton all off a sudden and tie that into the anniversary episode. Maybe that was done to mainly usher JJ off of the canvas (yesterday was his/Casey Moss's last date). Maybe JJ will decide to stay in Africa and end up doing some work to honor his grandfather there. I did like seeing Jack/Jennifer and their children together, all united. It's nice to see Jack/Jen as one of the veteran couples on the show. They are a nice presence on the show right now and I want them to be a stable presence. 

The wedding stuff continued to be fine. I enjoyed seeing Val again. Her/Vanessa Williams looks good as usual. I  wish she would have gotten to have more input on things in the wedding. She was mostly quiet during the wedding, though this is the second time in like a year her son has been hurt/had a wedding of his interrupted in a dramatic way. I would have liked to see/hear more of her take on things. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Don't know for sure but I'm guessing too that's how JJ's written out (and I think Abby, temporarily, too). Kate Mansi is the new Sweeney. She'll likely always be popping in.

I'm so confused by this show's constant comings and goings. It's like whiplash.

It does suck that JJ is out only because Jack is around and I really wanted more of Matt/Casey. It seems like every time Jack comes back we lose someone associated with him. Not sure what the plan for Jack/Jennifer is without their kids around. Might as well just write them all out if they're going to be dayplayers (just a guess). However, I do think it was time for JJ/Casey to take a break from the canvas. I feel the same for Sonny. I think Will could have been kept but I have to imagine they were forced to be written out together.

I agree on Bill Horton dying. I'm disappointed. Was very nice to see Edward Mallory flashbacks. I think John Reilly could have made an interesting Bill. IMO. I liked John Martin but he felt way too young. (I also think they made a mistake not properly recasting Mickey; I love John Ingle, but NO). They should have re-established Marie and Bill when Alice passed. Of course Higley sucks so that didn't happen ... (and they didn't even bother with Marie when Nick Fallon, her grandson, was on the canvas from 2006-2009 and again in 2012, but at least they used Jessica in 2012)

I digress a bit. Just ranting. LOL. I do think it was a waste but at this stage, in 2020, after 10 years of again not utilizing the character, I can kinda understand why they went there. It's just a shame no writer mined that history with Bill, having Kate and Lucas almost a constant on the canvas since 1993 ... shame. So much could have been done with Bill (though lots of it would have been wasted on Kate and her being the town welcome wagon). And we probably would have had Bill calling Daniel "the son I always wanted instead of what's his name" and whoring Jennifer out to him and propping him. So maybe it's for the best ... lol. Wasn't one of Laura's returns wasted on propping Daniel one time?

EDIT: Vanessa A. Williams looks fabulous as always. Why is she not leading this show? Damn. What a waste of her return. Yet, Sheila's returning, again? (or not, I can't remember and it's so hard to keep track of the comings and goings)

Edited by KMan101