Days: February 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

The other thing that really bothers me about Ben is that he could've been one of my favorites IF they kept him psycho and had him pop in and out a few times a year like they've been using some characters (think Tony & Anna).  But I guess they wanted to lock RSW down with a contract... and RC has this bizarre agenda with him.  And none of the actors, including RSW, play the necktie subtext (unless it's called for in the script like with Hope and Eve).  It's infuriating!  Like any time his name is brought up, characters like JJ and Jennifer should be visibly shaken.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gabi's disbelief at Hope being Princess Gina and Steve being Stefano was hilarious and actually makes sense. We're so conditioned to the stupid stuff on these shows, that it's great when a character reacts like a normal human being would.

When did Hope get a chance to dye her hair. I don't recall seeing the blonde streak during this whole story.

• Members

Chad: He killed three people.

Ciara: He's different now.

Can Ciara and Ben go to General Hospital and get hit by stray bullets in a mob shootout? Just wait till Will gets out of prison and tells Chad that Ben is his new best friend. I'm so annoyed they had Chad relent and give Ben a pass. This show is so ridiculous.

Did we know Eli's mom was showing up?

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

It's silly because Ben could at least somewhat work if the characters had realistic reactions towards him. I could imagine someone like Marlena, a mental health professional, being more understanding towards him. Someone like Hope, a cop, would be more suspicious of him (and certainly not happy about her daughter being involved with him - if anything Gina would suddenly be supportive, hence why Ciara might've been blindsided a bit?). Will of course would not become besties with him and tense up anytime he's on screen. Und so weiter, und so weiter.

Also, anyone sceptical of St Ben would not be played off as being ridiculous and awful. Eve hating him for the rest of eternity is entirely reasonable.

Edited by te.

• Members

Enjoyed the wedding scenes today, but I still don’t see why Lani couldn’t have done all of this last year or why somebody didn’t just give Gabi a quick jab right to the mouth and GRAB THE DAMN PHONE!!!

Also, I know we put a lot of the blame on Ron but it seems some of the individual script writers aren’t too good either.

• Members

I watched today and found all of the Will/Sonny scenes annoying. The "flashbacks" with them all giddy and laughing through most of their scenes was bad.

The wedding scenes were okay but I found the dialogue a bit cringe-worthy at time. Julie and SSH was way over the top it was laughable instead of causing drama. I do enjoy the Lani/Gabi rivalry though. It is one that could have legs if the show wanted to keep it....but then again...I once thought that about Abby/Gabi and now they act almost like besties at times. 

WilSon being all lovey dovey was so forced. As a gay man. It makes me sad. Seeing two straight actor being disgusted playing gay.  Did Sonny bear go ice staking in his ugly suit? Those piss poor weddings at HTS. After all this time Lani is still no match for Gabi. She hasn't experienced any character growth. She's still bland as hell. Her interesting friendship with Kristen is being overlooked. Chandler and Freddie are indifferent towards their characters. And the material their given to play.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton