Taoboi

Y&R December 2019 Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Khan said:

Please tell me you're not Nellie Branco, @AdamNewmanFan.  Because, if you are, that would destroy the goodwill you have on this board and the respect I have for you.

Im not. I just dont like being accused for starting this dena rumor and being called "Annoying and clueless". When i did nothing but make a twitter post. I don't know why im being blamed for that when other people have said it too. Thats why i shared nellies post. 

also if i was Nelson my Profile probably wouldnt be Mark Grossmans Adam lol

Edited by AdamNewmanFan

10 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

Im not. I just dont like being accused for starting this dena rumor and being called "Annoying and clueless". When i did nothing but make a twitter post. I don't know why im being blamed for that when other people have said it too. Thats why i shared nellies post.

I do sincerely apologize for those who have disparaged you just for passing along information.  I hope I wasn't one of 'em.  If I was, though, allow me to apologize for myself as well.  :) 

Honestly, no one needs to have heard through the metaphorical grapevine about Dena's reported meeting with Steve Kent.  Rumor or not, it's still a logical guess and likely bet, given Y&R's current ratings freefall, Dena's past history (she basically swooped into the OLTL gig when that show was in trouble, too) and the ever-shrinking pool of available "talent."  So, if that is a rumor going round, I'm MORE than inclined to believe it.

2 minutes ago, Khan said:

I do sincerely apologize for those who have disparaged you just for passing along information.  I hope I wasn't one of 'em.  If I was, though, allow me to apologize for myself as well.  :) 

Honestly, no one needs to have heard through the metaphorical grapevine about Dena's reported meeting with Steve Kent.  Rumor or not, it's still a logical guess and likely bet, given Y&R's current ratings freefall, Dena's past history (she basically swooped into the OLTL gig when that show was in trouble, too) and the ever-shrinking pool of available "talent."  So, if that is a rumor going round, I'm MORE than inclined to believe it.

Your fine :). Thanks for the apology anyways though.

Yeah i agree.  they probably aren't looking too seriously. Like you said that pool of people williing to write a soap is small. I heard people say Dena will probably stop the tanking ratings for a bit and they have a renewal coming up. So this is probably just to make sure there new deal isn't complete garbage. Whatever happens after is whatever,

Dylan, you repeat every rumor you hear, truthful or not. Did you not post “So we get stuck with Dena” yesterday? You’re a hysterical gossip queen. So did we get Dena? Or were you just repeating unfounded gossip? And bringing Nellie Branco into this does zilch for you. He stopped being relevant over 10 years ago. 

Edited by VanessaReardon

17 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

Dylan, you repeat every rumor you hear, truthful or not. Did you not post “So we get stuck with Dena” yesterday? You’re a hysterical gossip queen. So did we get Dena? Or were you just repeating unfounded gossip? And bringing Nellie Branco into this does zilch for you. He stopped being relevant over 10 years ago. 

I don't even know who you are. Other people were talking about the Dena stuff WELL before me. Why am i getting attacked. And i didnt say dena got hired. I saw people talking about steve meeting with her so i asked a question on twitter. 😑

Edited by AdamNewmanFan

2 hours ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

So this is probably just to make sure there new deal isn't complete garbage. Whatever happens after is whatever,

Exactly.  TPTB just want to make the next renewal hurdle.  If the show's quality actually improves in the meantime, then that's just a happy accident.

I'm kind of with @Chris B: why not just pull the trigger, fire Josh and hire Dena?  If it doesn't happen now, then it'll happen the next time Y&R needs to can its' HW, or the next.  So, just hire her and get it over with.

31 minutes ago, Khan said:

Exactly.  TPTB just want to make the next renewal hurdle.  If the show's quality actually improves in the meantime, then that's just a happy accident.

I'm kind of with @Chris B: why not just pull the trigger, fire Josh and hire Dena?  If it doesn't happen now, then it'll happen the next time Y&R needs to can its' HW, or the next.  So, just hire her and get it over with.

31 minutes ago, Khan said:

Maybe just to give some sense of stability. They could spin this as "Oh we gave him THREE months to improve things and it didn't work". 

If we don't get Dena were probably gonna get a plot driven writer. Thats how it works. Jelly was boring we got pratt. Pratt was too plot driven we got sally. Sally was boring mal!. Mal was plot driven so we got Josh. 

8 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

If we don't get Dena were probably gonna get a plot driven writer. Thats how it works. Jelly was boring we got pratt. Pratt was too plot driven we got sally. Sally was boring mal!. Mal was plot driven so we got Josh. 

Oh, well.  Bob Guza, it is, lol!

Nelson Branco was tweeting people asking where the rumor came from, basically thinking it was nonsense, then asked his sources and it IS true. The good news is that Dena isn’t the only person being interviewed to be the new HW. I just can’t imagine if she’s even on the list whoever else they could be looking at. This is bizarre, but if we’re being realistic it also makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Nelson Branco was tweeting people asking where the rumor came from, basically thinking it was nonsense, then asked his sources and it IS true. The good news is that Dena isn’t the only person being interviewed to be the new HW. I just can’t imagine if she’s even on the list whoever else they could be looking at. This is bizarre, but if we’re being realistic it also makes sense. 

Could sally be in the running?. I just think Tony would say "hey my wife can write a soap!"  

11 hours ago, Chris B said:

I just can’t imagine if she’s even on the list whoever else they could be looking at.

Chances are, the list looks something like this:

1. Dena Higley

2. Bob Guza

3. Clyde, the orangutan, from "Every Which Way But Loose"

4. Dena Higley (again)

Edited by Khan

Why can’t they just promote one of the writers that’s already there. Serious mistake on their part. Seems like they are trying to get the show canceled. Meeting with Dena Higley means they are really scraping the barrel. 

Edited by David Jones

12 minutes ago, David Jones said:

Why can’t they just promote one of the writers that’s already there. Serious mistake on their part. Seems like they are trying to get the show canceled. Meeting will Dena Higley means they are really scraping the barrel. 

They are scared of people who dont have experience as HW.