Y&R December 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched a couple of weeks ago for a day or two when Chance was running around being a superhero and  the hostage thing.....there wasn't much going on.  Is there anything going on yet on this show?  It looked like the same Adam/Chelsea angst we saw years ago...didn't see much of anything else.  There is no story on this story it seemed.  So I've been back to The Real.  I read recaps and it makes me yawn loudly.  I look at the ratings and it's abysmal - is it not telling TPTB something?  

• Members

What's up with Chance's accent? It's bothersome, sounds racist. 

What's the point in Phyllis again?

Are they giving Abby another love, short term again, I'm sure.

Why has Micheal Mealors giant head been added to the opening, but they added Lola?

So many questions!

• Members

Forget what’s airing now, what we need to talk about is Dena Higley meeting with Steve Kent for the Y&R HWing gig

Please register in order to view this content

The fact they’d even consider her is absolutely insane! Tbh, I’m down for this! The show is gonna have a new writer every year and it’s always a mess so we may as well go through what we went through with the ABC and PGP soaps with the endless merry go round of HWs. 

I can already imagine people making excuses for her and trying to give her a shot if she gets it lol! This is truly amazing!

• Members

Of course no receipts yet, but the guy who posted it is usually in the know and right about these things. Soap twitter often is ahead of the story. Now there is a chance she won't be the only person meeting for the job, but we know they're either looking for a HW or preparing someone on staff to be the next HW. Josh only has a 3 month extension. And it would just make sense to the pattern. Dena Higley, then David Kriezman or some hack like Barbara Bloom, then Ron Carlivati if available and Kay Alden will return for the final three months. Y&R has long been in the ABC/PGP endless HW cycle which will eventually kill it.