• Members

Thanks for all the reports! It's appears that there's no national pre-emptions for Tuesday. At least that's something. 

Interestingly, the best thing than can happen is for viewers to stream episodes - especially for DAYS. Unlike random Nielsen homes, all 3 networks can track exactly how many people are watching and get revenue since all soaps are in ad-tier. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't believe it was a coincidence that the 'cast firing' announcement was released the day before the first hearing - everyone knew there would be widespread pre-emptions - driving some viewers to stream. 

I honestly think they are trying to follow the CW model for DAYS - where the linear ratings are significantly supplemented by the online component. Like CW, NBC sells ads, so money is being made there. 

• Members

Y&R isn't on today in NC. Though there was a new episode that aired yesterday in Canada. I wonder if the network will alternate between airing the hearings and showing episodes. Also, the hearing is being shown on NBC here.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Quick Question for B&B fans: I went to CBS.com and B&B shows that 2 episodes aired on 11/19 (Tuesday). They are coded as 11/19 (1) and 11/19 (2) with different episode numbers (E45 & E46). DId CBS air an hour of B&B in some markets? I've never seen this before. Y&R only lists one episode for 11/19. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by edgeofnik

• Members

For 11/20: 

B&B Full pre-emption - but episode posted on-line yesterday as 11/19 (2).

DAYS: Partial pre-emption (it's airing here in Denver) - will be posted on-line

GH: Full pre-emption

Y&R: Unclear if full pre-emption - nothing posted on Y&R twitter either way. Will update if it appears on-line tonight. 

• Members

Thanks for keeping us updated edgeofnik

I think some people don't realize that ABC blocks people from watching their programs for a week if they don't have a login for a participating cable or satellite company. So whenever someone suggests that GH should pre-empt instead of pushing back, and then make people go to the website, I get kind of annoyed. (Only once has ABC turned this off for a preemption - the ABC twitter account announced it when that happened.) This is not a CBS/NBC issue though so I understand the suggestion for the other soaps.

• Members

@~bl~ I had no idea ABC did that. I only watch ABC for sports. Unless something has changed, ABC probably welcomes opportunities to pre-empt GH in order to push episodes back because during the past few years it is has ordered fewer episodes - you know all those weird repeats that pop up.  

• Members

This is what Nathan Varni from ABC posted to Twitter about Tuesday's GH for example. (If someone doesn't have Twitter or watch GH I can understand not knowing...but this is not helpful for everyone in the US.) If my local affiliate aired it, I didn't find out where it was.) GH did air in Canada on Wednesday, so they are getting a rerun on Thursday.

Edited by ~bl~

• Members

The past 2 days - can't believe I'm saying this but in DC, the Fox station ran their regular programming, so I at least got to watch some WENDY, The Real, and Judge Judy, lol.  The first part of the hearing they were covering it, and then stopped.  I wonder if they found out their ratings were stinking because in DC their local news is probably the least popular of the major 4.