• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

DC area here - the same.  but our NBC station cut back to the hearings, the CBS affiliate went back to the hearing and now strangely, is airing The Talk.  ABC affiliate is airing GH.  Looks like they figured out that their ratings are better with regular programming or they're getting enough complaints that they ditched it.  

• Members

It looks like the CBS in some places are alternating between airing parts of the hearing and regularly schedule programming. Today in NC they aired Price is Right, 1/2 of Y&R but skipped B&B. I'm not sure if they aired The Talk or Not, but they are airing The Kelly Clarkson show right now. It looks like NBC has been airing the hearing all day. They are still airing it instead of the Ellen Degeneres show which normally comes on here at that time. 

• Members

Kinda weird for me - since I'm DC it's politics 24/7 here.  Very surprised that all 4 major networks and even their extra/Plus channels were airing the hearings when they started - non-stop.  Then yesterday I noticed Fox was doing regular programming and today too...and CBS and ABC alternated back to regular programming.  

And man that Rep from Ohio is a *rick.  He does nothing but yell...I swear if I was being questioned I'd have to interrupt the way he kept interrupting and say - would you please stop yelling?  Is there a need to yell when practically no one else is?  Now ask a question.

• Members

Here's what's I've gathered so far (11/21) - Updated:

B&B - full pre-emption, BUT West Coast received 11/19 (2) today. Latest episode IS 11/19 (2). 

DAYS - partial pre-emption (it's on here in Denver) - 11/21 On-line

GH - guessing partial pre-emption based on @Soapsuds 

Y&R - partial pre-emption - 11/21 On-line

B&B looks to be in the worst position here with so many full pre-emptions and the episode that wrongly aired in some parts of country on Tuesday and on Thursday (West Coast).

B&B UPDATE: Friday aired the correct next episode, so B&B had 4 this week. But only Monday and Friday aired normally.

So 3 episodes last week and 4 this week, but a whole lotta confusion! I'm sure it's only going to get worse during the next few weeks.

Edited by edgeofnik

• Members

So according to the official Y&R Twitter, the Peter Bergman 40th Anniversary episode is still scheduled to air tomorrow, which was the original air date.  How can that be, if they've skipped episodes in the last two weeks?  I wonder if they're running the episode out of order.  It could work, if the Abbots aren't featured in the next couple episodes...

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I thought Y&R and GH weren't on Wednesday this week in the US (though they did air in Canada.) Just based on not being able to find episodes posted on the official sites during the week. Days gets preempted by NBC, but everyone has to go to the website or on demand etc. B&B had that weirdness already mentioned.

• Members

I think they might be running this episode out of order. I believe that the next newest episode, if they were going in order was supposed to be one that features Devon and Cane. I think they may be airing this out of order and feel like it's okay because it's only centered on Jack/Abbotts/flashbacks. And that they feel it really won't mess up the flow of the show. 

Also, when the preemptions were going on, the show re-ran an episode of Neil's memorial for it's Canadian broadcast. I believe they did that so that the Canadian broadcasts wouldn't get too far ahead of the US ones. A tribute episode for Kristoff St. John is supposed to air on Thursday and MTS/Nikki's anniversary episode is supposed to air on Friday. But I could see them showing new episodes for one or both of these days, instead because they are behind.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I just googled around and found this link, which suggests you may be right:

https://soaphub.com/young-restless/your-soap-opera-thanksgiving-week-schedule/

Days of our Lives
Salem fans will just have to wait. Since DAYS stayed on schedule by streaming the soap online and on the NBC app during the hearings, there will be no Salem happenings on Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29. Instead, NBC has sports programming scheduled for those days.

A General Hospital Traditional Pizza Thanksgiving
While GH will be airing on Thanksgiving, on Black Friday it will be pre-empted for alternative ABC programming.

The Young and the Restless
Although YR was originally supposed to show encore episodes on Thursday and Friday, those plans have changed. Now, the East Coast will get a new episode at its regularly scheduled time, but the West Coast will not. However, the show will be available on CBS.com. On Friday, a new episode will air across the country.

The Bold and the Beautiful
There will be no new BB on both Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, CBS will air an encore episode, while on Friday the soap will be preempted for sports.