• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looks like here we go again...and interesting - I'm DC I think I mentioned....the Fox affiliate is the only one not covering it of the major 4 so here at least I'll get Wendy Williams, The Real, and Tamron Hall...

Sucks because NBC here carries Kelly Clarkson and Ellen so won't get that today. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Today in NC Y&R was preempted for the Hearings at least partially. When I turned to CBS during the first half hour the hearings were on. I'm not sure if they ran the whole hour or not because I didn't turn to the channel again until it was time for B&B to air. And the channel actually is showing B&B right now. Also, Days was partially preempted but is now being aired on NBC.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I noticed they were talking about how it's the day before Thanksgiving too. They got way behind lol. Y&R did get to catch up a bit on Thanskgiving and Black Friday by airing new shows, but the Bold slot aired something else on those days.

• Members

B&B lost 3 full pre-emptions. So M-W this week, was actually the M-W for last week. If it airs Thursday, it will be the scheduled Monday episode. It sounds like the networks did 'partial' pre-emptions for all shows from what I gather.

NBC didn't fully pre-empt DAYS once, I'm guessing it part of the strategy to push more viewers to stream, which is smart since it's revenue-based and they can track accurately.  

• Members

These daytime divisions (or what's left of them) had better figure out a plan to prevent further permanent erosion as a result of pre-emptions because if this impeachment process goes to trial in the Senate, there will likely be more pre-emptions, which could have even deeper impact on these shows' ratings.

• Members

The ratings of impeachment hearings are very low - they are actually less than what all the network/cable stations draw on normal weekdays. So all of them are losing. During Watergate, I read the networks rotated airing the hearings in order to preserve the daytime lineups and that was with 3 networks + probably PBS. Ironic when there are dozens of networks, streaming, etc. that they're all choosing to air the same thing.   

• Members

The ratings may be low for the impeachment hearings but for some reason, the broadcast networks still feel compelled to show the hearings on a regular basis anyway.  Losing ratings as they are, airing the impeachment hearings and consistently interrupting regular programming, especially programming as vulnerable as daytime soaps, is still having an impact. 

I still sense that these soaps have not prepared for this reality (no pun intended).