• Members

I don't really care about the soaps right now, but I'll miss Ellen and Kelly.  I just don't understand why every network has to air the same thing - if we want to see the hearings, we can find them.  We're not tuning in to any particular network for their hearings coverage...there's nothing special about any particular network the way we care about a newscaster or hosts of a program...they're just airing the same thing.  And it's non-stop.  I've wondered how advertisers feel about it.  I know where to find CNN if I want to watch this stuff - it doesn't need to take up all 4 networks.  Someone else posted somewhere - so true.  OJ taught them nothing. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Because their news teams are more important than their daytime divisions, and no one wants to feel left out of a historic moment. They see it as a showcase for their news personalities, reporters, and commentators during breaks, and they can push to coverage during their morning newscasts.

• Members

Ok. Is the pre-emption list correct?

B&B - 2 full preemptions (11/13 & 15)

DAYS - no full preemptions 

GH - 1 full preemption (11/13)

Y&R - 1 full preemption (11/13) 

I can only imagine what the ratings will look like on Wed for DAYS & and Friday for all soaps with the massive partial preemptions. Looks like B&B will celebrate Xmas in 2020. Haha 

• Members

I know this will be unpopular, especially considering this is a soap board, but I do think - right now, for the sake of educating the public - these hearings are important. Yes, there are other channels. But having all of the broadcast channels air this helps reach that many more people. This is history. Especially since cable "news" channels seem to care more about drama than the actual events. Someone has to take up the slack.

I love soaps, too, or did. But I think their future is already on borrowed time.

But these events are far too important to not air as widely as possible.

• Members

Y&R is airing where I am in NC right now. Some viewers on SOC that live in different places like Pittsburgh and Colombus Ohio say it's airing in those places. Days on the other hand is not airing where I live and the impeachment hearings are airing on the local NBC station.

I'm guessing Bold will also air multiple places today as well. It's airing right now in NC.

Edited by xtr