Days: November 2019 Discussion Thread🦃

• Members

OMG! Thanks for the info. Yeah I’m going to start watching them again. DAYS/B&B at least.

Love that for Sami. Can they come back tho?

I just read that Ron Carlivati is writing DAYS nowadays. What the actual F. I despised his writing especially on GH. But I have to check this all out.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know about James Scott, but Ali Sweeney has come back a few times for brief story arcs since she decided to leave. 

And yeah, I'm on the fence about Ron's writing too. I think he does know how to write a good story, there have been stories that he's written on DAYS, GH and OLTL that I enjoyed. IMO, the problem is his writing often gets silly, even when it should be serious.

• Members

I'll dissent. Ron Carlivati cannot write for schitt and it's why this show does a time jump, because Mr. Schitts and Giggles can't write from point A to point B and craft the needed beats of a true story arc without a bunch of campy bullschitt, and so I think Corday and the network gave up and greenlit this mess.

• Members

What the hell was the point of a time jump if half the show is flashbacks showing us what we “missed”? It’s like they wanted to give us the instant gratification of all these “intense” scenes without any of the build up.

and yet.... it’s so bad, it’s good. I will be watching, at least for this week. It almost reminds me of Langan’s Days, where even without a time jump there were at least 10 minutes per day devoted to flashbacks. 

also all these flashbacks let them use the over-exposed film visual effect to their hearts’ content, which serves to hide how cheap the show would look otherwise. 

Meh. On the whole, put me down for “pro-time jump.” 

Edited by juppiter

• Members

This thread has been highly entertaining. LOL. You all make me afraid to like anything at all

I'd love a well written daytime serial. Unfortunately we aren't getting that anymore. Maybe it's time for some of ya'll to move on. I moved on around 2008/2009 and then came back to the show when Alice passed away in 2010. I hated that period while others just loved it.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Robert Scott Wilson remains atrocious as an actor. Lord. I'm so embarrassed. He needs to stick to being without his shirt on. Just be mute and stand there looking pretty. I feel like the Liberty Mutual insurance ad with the himbo actor flubbing his lines and acting cool is a total knock on him and other actors like him.

Ugh. So Nicole and Sarah are still lying to Eric? I'm so confused. I figured Xander would claim to be the daddy (he should be anyway). We did NOT need this [!@#$%^&*]. Seriously. Did the show learn nothing from Serena/Eric/Nicole/Xander the last time? I get the drama is lost but this whole thing is dumb. This and the Lani/Gabi forced rivalry (I think the pacemaker thing is hilarious, but it's all so plotty). So, nope, don't love everything.

It just doesn't feel like the time jump was needed, honestly. They could have played the fallout of other things. I don't know. I'm not against it but I'm not entirely sold on it either. It's been one episode though I suppose.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I didn’t think it was needed either. My guess has always been that Ken and Ron saw that nothing they were doing was really working, so they decided to change things up a bit and this was what came to mind.

I did like today’s episode and I’m looking forward to the rest of the week. 

• Members

I liked today's episode as well, apart from cringing at RSW. I think it was a good way to get out of the rut the show fell into. But we all know in six months none of it will probably matter and we'll be like "why are they wasting our time?" but I hope not ... lol. 

I don't really care that Haley or Adrienne (Adrienne's not confirmed on-screen but Justin sobbing in the promo was kind of a dead give away, pun intended) are dead. I don't really care that Will's in prison (and ridiculously locked up with the man that murdered him, though I imagine that's finally being retconned to Clyde) ... I wanted a few bigger changes I suppose. Don't really see a point to Kayla/Justin. So I guess we'll see. None of it screams must see to me.

But I did like the feel of today's episode. I know Ron's DAYS isn't everyone's cup of tea but he has us talking about it. And lots of folks do actually seem to be enjoying it (though I disagree with the way too over enthusiastic ones on social media who think everything is 'amazing').

I also wish they'd gone a slightly different direction of having Nicole and Sarah once again lying to Eric. If they resolve the first one, why waste our time with the second one and basically the same story? Though I imagine "Xander" and Sarah's child is really Kristen and Brady's. I hope at least. That would be a massive anvil over Xander and Sarah. And of course Nicole again lying to Eric. He's not called Re-Ron for nothing I suppose

but I'll take his DAYS over Tomsell and Higley anyday.

Nothing feels too massively changed no matter what the writing says, lol. So I'm feeling mixed on the whole thing. I predict they fall into the same rut, but who knows?

And as much as I like Chabby and am glad Kate's playing Abby again, were they needed? Very few want or care to see Gabi in their orbit, but maybe this version of Gabi in their orbit could be fun. And we all know Brandon Barash is back in six months. Also seems like Brandon Beemer and Bryan Dattilo are taping. As is Judi. So I guess they will pair Bonnie and Lucas? LOL. Lord. 

Oh and Sheila's back. Whhhhy?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The time jump turned out to be the best that DAYS could do these days, budget constraints, this weak team of writers, etc. 

That's not saying much, as my standards were pretty low going into this.  Hated RSWs acting. Loved having fierce Nicole back for the first half of the episode. Kind of wished Nicole and Eric had broken up and she was back to her old self, but alas I was wrong. 

I guess Jack and Abby were too focused on Jen to notice J.J.s life downspirialing out of control? Jack I can possibly understand though, but the other folks in his life who have seen this before? 

Re-Ron strikes again, Ben is set up for another crime, like the fire, and we are forced to sympathize for him for being set up. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

The best part of the time jump was seeing Will at the end. The worst kept secret that he and Ben were cellmates. Some kept denying it. The time jump still featured characters I don't care about so I still fast forwarded the ff time travel...the best parts besides Will was seeing a hot drugged up JJ and Kayla. Everything else was the same boring 

$hit!