Days: November 2019 Discussion Thread🦃

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep, the time jump was the just the last scene....Monday we'll start getting a better idea of where this is going. I'm sort of intrigued for the first time in a long time, so we'll see how it goes. I actually think a 5 year jump (like Desperate Housewives) would have been interesting. Wrap up all stories, ends with a few cliffhangers, and then jump...really reboot the show as if starting from the beginning.

• Members

Wow, what has happened to Matt Ashford's acting skills?  His acting at Jennifer's bedside today was awful.  He was stuttering and stammering, and using what almost sounded like a child's voice.  His reaction to Jennifer's waking-up was just not not convincing.  Not genuine.  I have always thought he was a terrific actor, but today's performance has me questioning that.   Maybe he's been out of the business too long.  

• Members

Well, I just hope that the time jump gives us a break from Loons of Our Lives, the show we've actually been watching for the last two months.  I realized the other day that nearly all the story we've seen since September has been generated by one crazy person after another - no, actually multiple crazy people at the same time and overlapping: Kristen, Vivian, Dr. Shah, Dr. Rolf, Jordan, Princess Gina, Claire... (I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but maybe not). I think it must be some kind of record for the number of contemporaneous nutjobs on any soap during a 2-month period, but it's just incredibly lazy writing.

• Members

Well, it IS a pretty nasty-looking toupee.

TPTB (not just at DAYS, but at all the remaining shows) believe "normal" characters bore the audience.  Ergo, the more lunatics on the canvas, the better.

Edited by Khan