Days: November 2019 Discussion Thread🦃

• Members

Maybe it was just inadequate direction mixed with even more inadequate writing.

Ron Carlivati could have jumped ahead to the year 5000.  It doesn't matter.  Time jumps DO NOT belong on soaps, where fly-on-the-wall, moment-to-moment observation is key. 

Ron's just doing this 1) because he can and 2) because he doesn't know what else to do.

Could we please mention briefly the ridiculous inclusion of the hourglass in her hospital room?  ("Because, hey, a hourglass!  Get it?  What!  IT'S FUNNY!")

Seriously, Ron Carlivati has the subtlety of a venereal disease.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nah. AMC 2.0 did well with a timejump to clear the decks. OLTL had a smaller one built in just by the passage of real time. GH should've had one years ago.

Timejumps are now a staple of shows in creative ruts to clear passage. No programming on television today is in a bigger rut than daytime.

• Members

Thank you for not going on about that. the show would be ruined if she had a worse hosp. room.

true, but with all the ways IMPO that this show is horrible with RC writing this dreck.....that is one thing I'm looking past. LOL

I found the episode so boring. I must have blocked it out.  It was anticlimactic. Featuring mostly the Eric/Sarah baby reveal. There should've been multiple cliffhangers. But there too cheap and uncreative for that.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Forget about the hair.  What's with the facial expression?  Has he become Salem's answer to AMC's Stuart Chandler?

If DAYS just had to commit to this cockamamie time jump, then it needed a HUGE cliffhanger to make it really "pop."  A natural disaster is out of the question since DAYS has less than no money -- but what about the start of a big whodunit storyline?  Maybe someone could have been injured or killed by an unknown assailant and THEN we make the (time) jump.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Goddamnit. I gotta admit, when Marlena said “Like sands through the hourglass...” it got me. 

I’m so mad I fell out of soaps. Trying to watch and there’s so many questions. Who on earth is Jordan, what’s going on w/Hope and where’s Sami ? 

Great time to start watching again. The time jump will be interesting to watch unfold. Still hoping Rafe disappears for good

• Members

Hope you get back into soaps. Yes, they're flawed but they're still really fun to watch

Jordan originally came in as Rafe's physical therapist and soon after love interest. Back then, she was perfectly sane. But he's not her baby's father.

Hope has been turned back into Princess Gina again by Dr. Rolf.

And Sami was recently reunited with a nearly comatose EJ and they're off together.

Edited by AbcNbc247