Y&R November 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"Who is Donny" ... oh EB, I love you on social media.

And it says a lot the last few pages are nothing but wishful casting and complaints about AARP MAGA Chance. LOL. This show is in trouble. Who on earth thought hiring Josh Griffith for the third time would be a smart move? And why has Chelsea become the star of the show again? Lord. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Chelsea is the new Adam. everything going on with Chelsea is snoozeworthy.  I hope someday we get a scene where Lauren walks up to her and smacks her for what she did, stealing revenue from Fenmores. I guess we'll be waiting until the next HW comes in and bounces her out on her azz.   

• Members

Is this show still not giving Lauren things to do?? Granted the actress is no Meryl Streep but with very good writing, she's certainly capable of fronting a reasonably entertaining storyline, or at least being a part of one.

It's a given that JG would disappoint (although I thought he would at least give viewers a grace period of a decent storyline, or at least 3/4 of a decent storyline like last time around) but what has happened to the casting department for this show?  Have they given up trying?

Y&R is the worst that it has ever been right now. The stories are lifeless. The show is a trainwreck and a mess. I just saw the latest ratings and Y&R is number 3 in a couple of the demos, which is pathetic. 
I DO love how Eric dragged that moron who plays Chance. Well deserved and well played by Eric. 

• Members

At one time both SC and GT were part of the Procter & Gamble/PGP soaps universe.  With that NYC backdrop...man, I miss NYC soaps! I mean, when those soaps were good.  Okay, I miss when soaps were good. Period.  This picture, for some reason, is making me nostalgic for that time.

If Y&R had any sense, instead of bringing "Trailer Park Chance" on, they would've tried to lure Michael Graziadei on for a brief story arc.  I mean with MS back on the show, you'd think they'd want, at least a mini-reunion.  And he and CG had really great on-screen chemistry the last time he was there.  Seems like a no-brainer.

Even Paul, why don't they try to bring on his daughter Heather for a brief story arc?  Vail Bloom is sober these days, right?  

Anything to bring the show some life, because from what I've been reading, the show's stories are on life-support right now.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

With Ashley gone, it makes since to me that Lauren would be used more as the token female vet that has ties to most of the canvas and has the potential for a business storyline.  Plus with them using Tracy Abott more, there is natural history and a place for some feisty scenes.  Really a waste.

• Members

I didn't even expect anything good from him. I was down on his re-hiring from the start. I'd take a garden gnome head writing over him.

And agreed on the casting department. Who the hell was calling for AARP Chance? They should have just brought back Jeff Branson's ass and put him back with La Staff and called it a day.

Chance and Abby are boring and DOA before they even start. It's getting ridiculous at this point how she has a new love of her life every year.

• Members

Wasn't that Phyllis who had the doppelganger? 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't expect anything good from any writer associated with this show anymore.  I expect more aspiring writers to prefer to do a websoap over Y&R at this point.  Too many restrictions, too much network chicanery.  I was discussing with @DRW50in another thread the fact that CBS truly is a cesspool. They've got yet another scandal going on at that network and I bet nobody's surprised.

• Members

CBS really is a cesspool. 

I agree that the network soaps are way to restrictive on writers. We've seen so much talent just flee. We've also heard for years how many folks have 0 interest in head writing, one of the reasons we keep recycling the same hacks. You could see the care involved with the Prospect Park reboots of AMC and OLTL based on who was behind the scenes. 

I'd love them to simply move online and be given a bit more freedom. But if they're still under the network umbrella, wouldn't interference still exist? Just way too many cooks in the kitchen with soaps, honestly. 

• Members

LOL!  No, Lauren's had a doppelganger, too!  And Emily (Patty's psychiatrist, whom Patty underwent plastic surgery to look like)!  And Jack!

At this rate, I expect we'll be introduced to Victor's lookalike in 2020!