Y&R November 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The more I see of this dramatic and sad winding down of Barney's an institution (complete with an 11th hour proposal and eventual reversal), the more I shake my head at the how badly and devoid of drama that Fenmore's story was written.  It's a shame because, in the write hands, that story could've been a great business story in the tradition of Y&R's business stories.  Many people may not have seen the possibilities but a talented writer with a first-class imagination surely would.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/barneys-is-sold-for-scrap-ending-an-era/ar-AAJHDUC?ocid=ob-tw-enus-677

• Members

Fenmore's wasn't about Fenmore's or the Fenmore Family. That's the root of the entire problem. Maybe I was just young and taking it as it came but I recall when stories weren't twisted so badly to feature whoever was the pet of the moment the way stories are now. 

• Members

Gross man is hardly better than Morrow.  He’s been pumped up in your heads for some reason.  Jesus check yourselves.  Josh Morrow existed for like 20 years.  Gross man has been around for 6 months and killed this show. Actually the character of Adam has killed it.  Even victor loves him, wants him back sends him away wants him back over and over.  It’s ridiculous- I want dicktor and Adam dead.