LATEST RATINGS: August 12-16, 2019

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The episode that showed Kyle and Lola getting married had one of the lowest ratings for the week for the show.. Even though the show promoted that wedding a lot. Especially on places like Twitter. Someone on another site said that the Y&R account promoted that wedding  around 17 times leading up to it. I'm not sure exactly how many times they promoted it, but it was a lot. Every time you turned around they were promoting and pushing that wedding.

It turns out though that people weren't as interested in watching it as they had hoped. I did see a lot of people say they weren't going to watch the wedding, because they find the couple boring. It doesn't help that Kyle's secret was a let down and nothing happened at the wedding regarding it.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Days is done getting above 2million viewers. They're barely even getting 2mill but maybe once a week if that.  When Ron took over two summers ago in July, Dena's Days was pulling barely 2mill per episode. He hasn't increased viewership at all in two years.  I think he had an opportunity to pull some GH viewers away but he went way over the top and repetitive with all the back from the dead characters and the revolving door of short term players.

• Members

Uh, that's pretty much what he's done at all shows he's head-written for.

Does anyone else have the feeling that Kyle's secret was bigger than what aired and that CBS or Sony might have interfered?  Or is it just me?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I didn't see any of that stuff but I thought it would have been interesting that he had a fling with Theo.  Metro/Bisexual Kyle and maybe he could have confided in Mariah/Tessa.  But that would have taken creativity.  LOL.  I thought maybe that Theo was being overly-threatening, kind of holding something over his head.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

I don't know, seems like the usual lack luster trash Griffith typically spews out to me.

I hope Angelica McD is somewhere seething and panicking over this flop ass wedding. No one cares about any of the Rosales and Kyle and Lola has been a bust since she revealed she was a virgin.

• Members

Yes, CBS ( Angelica Rosas McDaniel). Lola, and the Rosales, are her project, and I think she's as emotionally invested in them, especially Lola, the same way fans are invested in their faves. She can't be even handed. That's why Kyle & Lola are written like fan fiction. With Lola being some type of modern day Cinderella, (any one who meets her loves her), and Kyle the handsome prince completely enchanted with her. This story may be interesting to her toddler daughters, but it's not soap material. And it negatively affect lots of other character and the other story lines

I think "the secret" was an attempt to pull it out of this bizarre fantasy world, and make it into more of a soap story, with some drama. But she watered it down to nothing, so now it's a joke.

IMO Angelica's too involved, and has too many personal agendas, to be approving Y&R stories. She needs to pull back, or someone should pull her back. Y&R is over 45 years old, and struggling to survive.The last thing anyone should be doing is re-centering the show around Angelica's strong Latino woman fantasy of a character. It'd be nice if she was looking out for all the female characters, since most of TPTB are men, she could be a good balance, but nope.

We got a little insight into just how many Live plus 7 viewers Y&R and B&B get from the CBS Press Release yesterday. Y&R is averaging 4.48 million this season, according to the release, which includes Live plus 7. Their Live plus same day is about 4.12 million, so Y&R adds about 360,000 viewers give or take in 7 days. Not a huge number compared to primetime shows. B&B adds about 240,000 in Live plus 7. These soaps are dying. 

Edited by VanessaReardon

• Errol unpinned this topic