Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does anyone give two sh-ts about Will's brain tumor? Hearing that he may only have days to live evoked no reaction out of me besides "okay, cool." Boring. When he fell off the couch I was like, "So f-cking what?"

I do love Maggie falling off the wagon though. I love that she saw Kristen and nobody will believe her.

It was nice to see more of a human side of Eve today since she's been such a cartoon since coming back. I liked her being concerned about Will since he's Ben's only surviving victim. More of this please and less over the top campaign manager/police commissioner crap. Have her go comfort Chloe or something since Eve knows what it's like to lose a child.

• Members

The lack of stakes is the major problem with this show nowadays. We know that this weakass tumor most definitely will not kill Will, and even if it did, he’s already come back from the dead once, so really who cares?

• Members

That's the problem with the whole show. Horrible guarantees mean once a week/month storylines. It's terrible. Not necessarily Ron's fault there, but I imagine he could balance it better. DAYS is a mess in so many ways, the writing is just one part of it ... lol. The show is a HOT MESS behind the scenes.

• Members

Jack has never had a good return. He seriously should have just stayed on African safari or wherever. Why on earth would the show dip its toes in politics? They'd have to be insane to think literally anybody wants to see that.

I'm guessing that Kristen pretending to be Nicole sounded like it would be more fun in the writer's room than it has been on screen.

Edited by juppiter

• Members

Not to mention the wardrobe ... lawd

It's June and they're all wearing heavy coats. They act like it's winter (and yeah I guess some places still are cold ... I'm a Floridian and it's bordering 100 ...)

Anywhoozles .... I caught up on this last week. 

Some unintentional comedy gold. I lol'd so hard at Suzanne playing drunk Maggie, stumbling and yelling at Brady.  Just lol'd so hard. I needed that good hearty laugh.

Kristen's nuts. Talking to Nicole's mask. I loved her bringing up Nicole's past misdeeds that were glossed over or never mentioned (Chloe's flesh eating bacteria, stealing Sami's baby, accusing Jennifer of pushing her down the stairs ...). Someone's loving the Reilly history lessons .... And then Kristen wondering why Nicole would dump Brady for Eric as sad sack Eric whines and desperately pounds on the door. LMAO. 

Who wrote this script? (Friday's episode) I was here for it.

Claire is also comedy gold. Of course savior Ben has to figure it out all. Of course savior Ben has to "blame himself" for Holly's kidnapping. Of course savior Ben has to be framed by evil wicked Eve. SPARE ME. This is just one of the reasons his "redemption" FAILS. But the stans just fawn over everything.

I'd watch Jennifer bashing Jack over the head any day of the week. Too bad it wasn't a brick. I also lol'd at the Peter Blake mention and that they brought up Jack being framed for Peter's "murder" and how Jennifer dressed up as a guard. Of course this was all the recasts material but it was still a nice nod to history that otherwise got ignored.

Also enjoyed seeing Rory. I'm surprised I never thought of Ron bringing him back but he's right up Ron's alley. And it makes sense that JJ would turn to Rory. I do wish they'd sort of fix their friendship.

I liked John and Eve's scenes.

I didn't hate this week. Good? Not really. But I was entertained. I've given up on "good" and I'm just enjoying the craziness. But I'm sure it will suck again at some point. I still don't love a lot of things but I'm tired of complaining, lol.

I don't mind the Kristen/Nicole thing anymore. It just more makes me sad Kristen has resorted to wearing a Nicole mask to win, of all things, Brady back. It's just sad Kristen is at that point.

I also don't mind the Jack stuff. He's going to have to pay for his "sins" eventually so hopefully the payoff is worth sitting through the horrible writing. Not saying I wanted *this* but why does everyone think Jack should have just strolled back into town, held hands with Jennifer, reminisced and they're back to snoozeville and Jack's killed again. Jack wasn't a saint when he debuted .... if it means a new redemption and Jack struggling with who he became while having amnesia, I'm willing to give it a shot. Doesn't mean I love it all but I see the end result potential. I do think they missed a LOT of beats though ... I'm not really defending it, just saying I don't necessarily hate it all. I know politics is a sore subject and I'd rather have an escape than deal with Jack and Eve being MAGA ...

And unfortunately, Ron may not be great at times, some love him, some hate him, but he's getting everyone talking about the show ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I was thinking the same today. Kristen's masquerading as another woman to lure Brady back (LAWD). Maggie's a messy drunk. Claire's a crazy pyromaniac. Lani's replacing her dead baby with another and falling for Rafe. Gabi whored herself out to Stefan and now has the hots for him. Of course, sadly, Claire and Gabi are far more interesting now than they ever were. But I still find a lot of the writing for women degrading. (And of course Eve is a vicious, awful, hot mess ... Hope will probably be made to look bad with Ted so Rafe can say "I Told You So" ...)

Edited by KMan101