Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lord, Jack is becoming a cartoon villain. Not surprised. They'll push him as far as they can. 

I liked and also loathed at the same time Kristen's meltdown. (Liked it because of Haiduk and her demeanor as Kristen, but also loathed it because it's over Brady Black)

I like Stefan and Gabi way more than I probably should.

Will and Sonny are like ambien. Zzzzzzz. Give them a HEA and ship them off.

I lol'd harder than I should have at Maggie stumbling around the Kiriakis mansion. And Suzanne is so hilariously over the top as she quivers before taking a drink. I did like Xander and Maggie and it was nice to get some depth to Xander. Also nice to remind viewers who Maggie used to be. I almost felt like she was briefly the Maggie I once liked. 

I see they quickly worked in Rex telling Sarah about Andre masquerading as Roman, and they had them pouring over Rolf's documents and showed off the plans for the mask. Ron's not subtle so they're clearly leaving it open for them to figure it all out. Probably Sarah will, especially after Eric tells her something about "Nicole's" eyes. At least they're trying to base it in DAYS history, as ludicrous as it all is. 

I liked Julie reading Jack for the filth that he's become. I enjoyed some of Julie's dialogue. But damn, Jack is so nasty and cold!

I oddly also like Eve and Chloe's friendship. I liked they gave Chloe a point of view, it could have easily been ignored. I'll take the small things when I can get them. I also think Lowder and Bjorlin still have a nice chemistry and rapport together. I think he leaves before she does but I wonder where this is going ... if it does go anywhere.

No comment on Ben of course being the one to figure out Claire is a homicidal fire starter. I liked that they FINALLY had Marlena interact with Claire. Damn. It took them long enough. I could argue they deliberately had Marlena out of Claire's orbit, because she'd be all over Claire's nutty ass (though to be fair, she was blind to Sami back in Sami's hellion days), but I think they just never bothered (episode guarantees and scheduling also play a factor). I don't give them that much credit.

Just some thoughts on Monday and Tuesday ...

• Members

So what is the online audience verdict on Haiduk as Kristen these days? I've seen bits and pieces and she seems solid, but it's still a hell of a thing to have to understudy Eileen Davidson. SH is a great actress regardless. (Her underseen surprise cameo in an episode of HBO's Sharp Objects was harrowing and unrecognizable.)

• Members

And even if Will were to die, this is still the show where no one -- and I mean NO ONE -- stays dead.  (Tom and Alice Horton will be back and in their teens before the sands truly run out of the hourglass.  Watch.)

• Members

I feel like she's been pretty well accepted. I like her in the role, but still miss Davidson. But Haiduk can more than hold her own. I don't see a lot of negative stuff about her in the role. I'm sure some exists of course, lol.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Again, I've only seen bits and pieces but she seems to pull it off, though no one's Eileen. The stories for her are awful though, so she's not exactly operating from a position of strength.