Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Social media buzz (a bunch of crazy stans who can be loud on twitter don't equal mass popularity)

They aren't raising the ratings with all that "buzz".

Ron, in general, has more people talking about the show. Good or bad, people are engaged. But again, it's not really translating to ratings. Very little, if anything, will raise the ratings at this point.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ciara and Ben are horrible, and I hate that Ciara no longer has a life outside of him. Almost all of her scenes are either with him or her talking to someone about him. Begging Lani and Rafe to let him see David, trying to convince people that he's good, acting like Eve is crazy for hating her daughter's murderer. She has no identity outside of him. Does she work? Does she go to school? What does she do all day besides hang around Ben's house waiting for him to get done working so they can f-ck? Not to mention she looks like a moron going around town making sure everyone knows how good and changed Ben is, meanwhile he's threatening to strangle Rory. She looks stupid as hell. The actress is too good to be stuck on Ben propping duty.

• Members

I may be the only one here who likes Cin.  The story is stupid and yeah, he's a serial killer, but they are very pretty and have some chemistry.  Lol, I am clearly the viewer Ron is going for: blinded by pretty and a minor amount of spark.   I will look for anything when John and Marlena are STILL the couple with the most chemistry on the show.

Ciara works at the Brady Pub allegedly.  Living the dream I guess.  None of the teens seem to go to school and all work waiting tables.  Oh well in a year or two they will be doctors, cops, or lawyers.  I get that Cin kinda sucks but they really don't bother me that much.  Again I find VK really gorgeous and am usually just marveling at her pretty hair in scenes.

• Members

Exactly. Ciara is being wasted and USED to PROP Ben. And folks have fallen for it. I can get it. They're hot actors. I'd be fine with them if he weren't a murderer and threatened folks like Rory with the threat of turning psycho again on their ass. But some folks eat it up because RSW is hot. They think it's just *amazing* how Ciara defends him. The actress is too good to be wasting on this. Ciara needs a purpose, but shhh, don't tell the Cin stans because they will very much disagree. Heaven forbid Ciara has a life away from Ben ... I remember while Hope and Bo basically were inseperable (even when they were separated), they STILL had lives and friends that existed outside and inside of their relationship.

All they had to was have Clyde be the real killer. It would be a total cop out but Ron clearly wants to have the 'Ben is a psycho card' in his back pocket ... was I supposed to enjoy him threatening Rory because I didn't ...

• Members

They could. I just think that time has passed, personally. But they could. And should. 

Of course. Either way we're all talking about them, good or bad, LOL! But they *aren't* raising the ratings so ... I can agree they find a way to undo them (the murders, not the couple). They should have done that to begin with. The whole "I'm reformed and CURED! MARLENA SAYS SO!" doesn't jive with me. Just like Franco on GH having all of his crimes washed away by a brain tumor. No thank you.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Well if they stop filming in the spring they will be on til end of 2020. Days is taping 8 months ahead now & is already filming Late January 2020

with Days turning 55 in NOV 2020 I bet NBC renews it at least one more year

• Members

They’re only contracted to air until September 2020. Once they reach that point in filming, production will probably go on hiatus until a renewal decision is made.

That being said, if it is cancelled, and I hope that’s not the case, I could see NBC allowing it to air until the end of the year so they can celebrate the 55th anniversary onscreen in November.