Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actually Ron wouldn’t know that, he knows nothing about Days. He is learning as he writes.  Do soaps even use the term “Supercouples”? Wasn’t that an era thing?

She can’t handle the material but she does this same story over 30 something years ago.... hmmmmm.

How do you know what a CHARACTER is into?

Please register in order to view this content

If the writers say let’s recast Roman with Wayne and have Roman fight for Marlena, who are the actors going to do... play the freakin part. 

• Members

A lot of people hate Maggie. 

A lot of people hate Maggie. Where did you Maggie fans come from? You’re obviously not watching the show. Thursday was a prime example of Maggie once again stealing Marlena’s family. Suzanne overacts and blubbers her way through scenes. It’s embarrassing to watch.

An entire episode was just wasted trying to tell Maggie that her “beloved Will” is dying. Gag me. If they insist on using Maggie, use her own family and history. 

Look, I’m not telling anyone not to like Maggie. I don’t care if you like the bitch or not. I personally can’t stand her and I’m not alone. The only writer who knew how to write Maggie properly was JER. 

Oh, and winning an Emmy 40 years ago doesn’t mean you’re still talented in 2019. Suzanne is painful to watch. I’d rather watch an entire episode of Susan Seaforth-Hayes, and I loathe Julie.

• Members

Take a look at other boards like Daytime Royalty. Maggie is hated. I had no idea this was a Suzanne Rogers fan site. 

Luckily Ron gets that Deidre Hall is the Queen of Days. Tomlin tried to replace her with Maggie but Ron fixed that pretty quickly. 

• Members

Deidre Hall and Suzanne Rogers are both crap actresses. The only time Dee bothers to step it up is when Eileen Davidson is there to light a fire under her ass. Other than that, she hasn't bothered to put any consistent effort since, what, 1983? 

I've found Suzanne to be as subtle as a heart attack with this recent story. Granted, I know she's supposed to be a drunk, but she's wayyyy over the top. 

• Members

Even though she confessed t Victor Im hoping her drinking continues for a while

I know I shouldnt but what the hell

Its exactly what you are doing

You are back and forth with anyone who doesnt subscribe your maggie hate. So maybe just say we agree to disagree can you subscribe to that?

• Members

I think DH/SR can both do good work.  I think they both just tried to embrace the camp of JER's era and basically just never tried stopped.  I have to believe they are aware they aren't doing master acting. DH relies on really annoying ticks like gasping and moaning with John and Suzanne just acts for the people in the cheap seats in all her scenes.  I think DH put some effort in the 90's up until she realized the Possession was not going to win her emmys.  I can't remember really ever liking Maggie, but she never bothered me much either (aside from the Daniel/Melanie stuff)

• Members

Vee, 

I understand shes a troll but Ill respond  if I like but thanks I appreciate your responses even if we dont always see eye to eye

I hope the fall off the wagon isnt over. If its done than like Will's tumor, its been a waste

• Members

JER was a good headwriter for Maggie because she only popped up once a month and stayed in the background with only a few lines of dialogue. That’s a tolerable amount of Maggie. And he eventually did the right thing and killed her off. Other than Jack, Victor, and Marlena, all the characters JER killed off in 2003-04 should have remained dead , especially Maggie. Tomlin’s “Maggie Renaissance” never should have happened. 

Edited by Marlenaphan