Days: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Jarlena are still THE powerhouse couple on Days. They don’t get many lead stories because of their guarantees. 

Jarlena and JnJ are the only couples worth watching on Days. I’m thoroughly enjoying Jack and Jennifer finding their way back to each other. Ron knows who the proper supercouples are, and it’s not Marlena and Roman or Jennifer and Frankie, lol.

Surprised and disappointed that you’re a Jarlena hater. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’ve loved what Ron has written for Jarlena when he’s been able to: the Hattie switch that kicked off his run, the wedding drama/Hattie switch/final wedding of 2018, and the return of Diana. Ron is the first writer since JER who really gets Jarlena and does right by them. I’d prefer to see them lead story 4 days a week but I’m fine with short lead arcs followed by longer spurts of acting in a supporting capacity to their family members.

Jarlena defined 90s Days, which was my favorite era. I love them. Days hasn’t created a root-worthy couple since Philip and Chloe. 

No it wouldn’t. Marlena’s not into Roman.

I’d welcome Wayne back as Dr. Alex North, though. Days needs a villain in that age range who’s not Stefano.

• Members

I think Marlena and john have gotten more stories than most soaps would let actors of their age

Also and Ill probably regret asking this but how do you know what the actors episode guarantees are?

• Members

Dr Alan North was a useless rewrite and using former Roman/Marlena scenes from 1981-84 and saying that was Alex, was utter BS

Wayne & Deidre have great chemistry. Id like to see him as Roman again

Well their gurantee could be higher or lower. If Days doesnt use them , they still get paid for the gurantees not met

• Members

And that’s what I love about Days. They keep their supercouples together unlike GH, and they write for their popular vets (including that repugnant shrew Suzanne Rogers). It’s 2019 and I’m still watching my beloved JnJ in a frontburner story. GH would never.

• Members

When a year is up if a show hasnt used the actor forr their full guarantee that year, the show pays them what their contract says. I agree that if actors g over, Days does put them on breaks from time to time

• Members

Wayne and Deidre’s chemistry (I don’t see it but to each their own) was blown off the map by Drake and Dee’s chemistry when he arrived in 1986. Wayne’s 1991 return was pointless, although it did definitely end Roman and Marlena. There aren’t too many viewers who think Marlena belongs with Roman (either actor) over John. That ship didn’t just sail, it sank.

I’m aware that Days has to pay them if they’re not used. But they prefer to use them than pay them not to work. The show is broke and can’t afford to do that. 

• Members

All the focus lately on Maggie has been awful. Suzanne can’t handle this material. The way they write her as Brady’s mother is beyond problematic. Hopefully they’re burning through her guarantee so they can ship her off to rehab for six months. 

• Members

Once again did Suzanne spit in your corn flakes or something. Maggie drinking is the only thing really entertaining atm

Maggie hasnt had her own story since 2011-2012 when started dating Victor. Its about time she got some story love

Edited by John

• Members

I agree. I'm 99% sure it's a poster who kept leaving these continuous messages about how much he hated SR/Maggie on another site. It's super odd. What is the obsession there? Did she not answer their fan mail or something?

To me, she's the most interesting part of the show. I was actually hoping her fall off the wagon would be even more dramatic....like Maggie ends up on the street practically. She's doing great with what she's been given though.

Edited by pdm1974